Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 29 ]  [ Total: 29 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Church
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Achtung !!! Great video !!! Topic Next Topic: american 00  

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - December 14 2008 :  4:00:23 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Here's a pic of my completed '58 vintage Airfix Church, courtesy Ken, of course--just primered grey at the moment. Airfix seemed to interpret scale very freely, as both my signal box and church seem a bit too small for OO, and a bit too big for HO. (happy medium, I guess!)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 14 2008 :  4:46:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi chris nice one primed,painted medium grey,dry brushed light grey will bring it to life,i used the purple translusent sweet wrappers for the windows,and an old watch dial for the clock, a nice brass bell or two in the tower,and a bride and groom at the door,ah a bit of old england ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - December 14 2008 :  5:49:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Sweet...I am really fond of old school HO plastic structures, Plasticville and Airfix being the best.
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - December 15 2008 :  01:23:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
That's a neat looking church there.
What other buildings were made by Airfix?

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - December 15 2008 :  06:03:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Can't wait to see it finished.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 15 2008 :  08:07:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
this link is for airfix and kitmaster etc,great bit of history ken
http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/Airfix/Latest.htm
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - December 20 2008 :  07:55:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Merry Christmas to all! Speaking of churches my wish for us is that we would get to church this Christmas Season with an open mind.
Bob, Alco Fan

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on December 21 2008 01:43:40 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 20 2008 :  5:40:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
chris this church is based on one in the isle of wight ken

/tyco/forum/uploaded/catfordken/bonchurch church.jpg
lots of layouts you might get some ideas ken
http://www.hattons.co.uk/list/CustomerLayouts.asp

Edited by - catfordken on December 20 2008 5:50:12 PM
  Previous Topic: Achtung !!! Great video !!! Topic Next Topic: american 00  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000