Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Marx Motive Power, Rolling Stock and Accessories
 Marx Ho Track with railbed
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Marx HO accesories Topic   

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - May 04 2008 :  6:38:21 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Twenty years ago at least someone gave me Marx tinplate HO track with plastic railbed attached. Was that an HO first?
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - May 05 2008 :  10:26:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
Hi Alco Fan. American Flyer/Gilbert was one of the first. They made HO track with metal roadbed attached in 1938-39. It came in the sets of time. Starting in 1940 to 1950's. AF track had Bakelite roadbed instead of metal. Also Marklin made track with roadbed. Fleischmann had Wood attached to the track. Tru-scale made wood roadbed track for many years. I think they still do.

First Picture Metal Pre-War AF Track.
This track came in different colors. I have noticed Dark Brown,
Tan, & Lite Gray.

Next Pictures AF Bakelite Track. Notice that they used Nails as track pins to hold track together. Also came in different colors. In picture you will see Maroon on the Left and Dark brown on the right.

Next picture Klien Wood roadbed track.
I believe it to be made in the 1940s - 1950s

Next is Marx plastic roadbed. This came in different colors. I have seen Black and light gray.
Made around late 1950s to the early 60's.

Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )

Edited by - VintageHO on May 07 2008 10:51:55 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - May 13 2008 :  10:08:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Thanks VintageHO for the pics. I have Black Marx roadbed.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Marx HO accesories Topic   
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000