Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW - Mar 02 - Mar 08, 2008
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LotW Sept 4-9 Topic Next Topic: RED BALL RS2  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 02 2008 :  5:56:51 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Although not completed, Tyco might have made a CSX loco. This came as a repainted Virginian shell that had B&O freight car decals and 630 trucks. I stripped, repainted, decaled, and I MU2ed it as BriansTyco has done with many of his Alcos.
Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on March 02 2008 6:59:25 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - March 02 2008 :  6:53:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
Nice! Do you intend to finish that scheme or strip it for another? Do you have all the handrailing? Though MU2ed, do you intend to add another pick-up axle to the rear truck?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 02 2008 :  7:02:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Mike,
Thanks. Not sure how to add the extra axle to the MU2 rear truck. I'll make the handrails up eventually, maybe this evening. I'll keep this color scheme with some touch-ups.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Rush2NY
Little Six

Posted - March 02 2008 :  9:44:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Rush2NY to Buddylist
I agree. That is very sharp looking!

Russ
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 100  ~  Member Since: June 18 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 01 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - March 02 2008 :  11:02:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
AlcoFan--Nice job--I like it. Can't beat the mantua motor.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - March 03 2008 :  12:31:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Awesome Alco,Alco.

Here's a few of my Life Like Snap On Tools GP40.

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - March 04 2008 :  12:33:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Nice work guys!

-Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - March 04 2008 :  9:15:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Nice locos, guys--I look forward to seeing everyone's gems each week.... This time, my family and I have left after another great meal at the town of Lobo's Howard Johnson's just in time to see yet another oddity pass through this small, West Texas town. It sure looks like a trolley, but has no pole on top! It's just as well, though, since there's no catenary in these parts, anyway! We find out from the friendly trainman that this oddity has been converted to a gas railcar, and is owned by a local railroad official......In reality, it's an older Tyco trolley with an MU2-style motor. I've added a clear headlight, and a red tail light (We're breaking some rules if we want to run in reverse!). I'm pondering doing some 'bashing to make this look more like it could really be a gas-car (like at least putting in an exhaust stack!).....Oops! Gotta log off now--we were just offered a ride! All aboard!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - March 04 2008 :  9:31:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
This is the Mantua/Tyco 2-8-2 I recently finished.
Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Roy
Little Six

Posted - March 05 2008 :  7:29:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Roy to Buddylist
quote:
...It sure looks like a trolley, but has no pole on top! It's just as well, though, since there's no catenary in these parts, anyway!...this...has been converted to a gas railcar...I'm pondering doing some 'bashing to make this look more like it could really be a gas-car (like at least putting in an exhaust stack!)...

I had one of these Tyco trolleys as a kid, but with a different road name. I like your Coney Island version a lot! The coachwork is beautiful, but the molded truck journals on mine did not line up with the actual axles. One of those things I started correcting as a teen.

Have you considered making a steam dummy out of yours?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 108  ~  Member Since: December 25 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - March 05 2008 :  8:57:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Roy, You are right about the journal/axle misalignment; mine is that way also. But we Tycophiles have great capacity to 'suspend disbelief,' don't we! A steam dummy is a neat idea--I was also considering a sort of "Gallopping Goose", ala Rio Grande Southern, with a truck cab on front. Chris
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Roy
Little Six

Posted - March 06 2008 :  03:26:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Roy to Buddylist
quote:
...I was also considering a sort of "Gallopping Goose", ala Rio Grande Southern, with a truck cab on front.

I love Geese: a great mix of early autos, with trains! You could also make it a horsecar, or a cable train trailer.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 108  ~  Member Since: December 25 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 05 2011 :  08:40:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
You Guys Couldn`t say it Better.
I had a PT C430 And It Died After Putting It On The Track Once.
I Have A potus so76 with an MU2. And It Still Runs

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 05 2011 :  08:58:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
quote:
This is the Mantua/Tyco 2-8-2 I recently finished.

Originally posted by Ray Marinaccio - March 04 2008 :  9:31:44 PM

hey ray for some reason just found this picture,hard to see the mantua part of the loco with all that delicious detailing,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LotW Sept 4-9 Topic Next Topic: RED BALL RS2  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000