Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 25 ]  [ Total: 26 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 TYCO pre-production red CP Rail box car
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The funny thing about preprots... Topic Next Topic: from the Aurora-Pemco shops.......  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - November 28 2007 :  12:27:35 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
This is for everyone but especially GIC for his boxcar list. -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 28 2007 :  12:39:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
[:0] [:0] [:0]

Dammit. Now I'll be chasing that rainbow forever. THANKS, Bob!

I do notice this has that really nice revised font, crisp herald and glosscoat like the last blue ones. My guess is 1977, give or take a year.

(and I notice it is missing a chassis... I will be more than happy to reunite it with a happy set of rollers should you sent it to the STC's West Frankfort Shops for rebuilding [:P] )

What a find! I am now officially jealous.

And REALLY want to know - THAT is the car they SHOULD have made in the first place...!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 28 2007 :  12:54:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Heh... this even inspired me to dust off a rare bit of inspiration I had one day...

why I love that logo so much:

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - November 28 2007 :  01:13:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey GIC:

You wouldn't be making fun of a Canadian Icon would ya Yank!?

-G

Edited by - romcat on November 28 2007 01:17:43 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 28 2007 :  01:20:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Making fun of it? Heck no! I grew up with videogames and PacMan is an icon!

If anything, I think it's amazing that the most popular game of all time could have been inspired by a railroad logo!

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - November 28 2007 :  01:24:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
The image works especially well since on the red shell the Pac-man is at the end. I really should say the multimark!

-G
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - November 28 2007 :  3:12:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I knew there had to be one[:p] [:p] [:p] Thanx for posting the pic!

Nice cartoon GiC[:o)]

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 28 2009 :  8:55:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Pac-Man was inspired by the creator when he remove one slice of a pizza & lo & behold there was a Pac-Man staring at him!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - August 04 2011 :  1:29:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Microbusss is Correct. And I Saw a Red Tyco Box Car On Ebay In a Lot For $50. I Almost got it but it had 10 minutes left and My Dad was Outside Working On Our Train Nut Hut.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - August 09 2011 :  12:22:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
There are at least 3 of these out there now. I found one about a year ago, and two more came out of the Bob Beers auctions recently. Very nice looking car, makes a colorful set with all the different versions (5 colors in total).
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: The funny thing about preprots... Topic Next Topic: from the Aurora-Pemco shops.......  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000