Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 HEVC: am I getting scammed?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Name the rarest Tyco items Topic Next Topic: Model train and car ads  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 26 2023 :  11:50:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
So, I went to San Antonio by Amtrak, took a few snaps, thought I'd post them.

Now, for the first time, I get this error message on my computer saying that I have to install this HEVC downloader, when previously all I had to do was download and resize the images.

Is some "bug" designed to lure me into more stuff I don't need and will hit me up for money? There seems to be a whole list of instructions that go along with operating this HEVC, and playing computer genius is not something I like to do, whatsoever.

Anybody know what's going on here???

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator 

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - September 27 2023 :  12:22:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
A quick google search reveals that HEVC stands for High Efficiency Video Compression. It shouldn’t have anything to do with a still image.
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - September 27 2023 :  10:03:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
The easiest thing to do is do a scan with your antovirus or malware program. If the screen won't let you do this, reboot your computer and immediately run the scan. Hopefully that solves the problem.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 488  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 28 2023 :  12:26:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, I ran the cleaner, will see if I can start posting again. Couldn't figure how this Video Efficiency, or
whatever, thing, had inserted itself as a wedge into something I've been doing for a decade.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 28 2023 :  01:15:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Took a few shots; first time I've run a train since January. Don't know how to explain it, but the Train Muse
had just up and left me. Though I did take four very pleasant Amtrak trips this year.

Uploaded them to the computer, and two of the nine came out, and the other seven came up with same
#@$^%$ error message, and I'm very certain the shots were stills, not vids. Guess I'm going to have
call in a computer geek. With DC, I can wiggle a wire. With a computer, I'm dead in the water.

Another reason I am not jumping on the DCC bandwagon. The model train forums are full of
questions and complaints with the most obscure and technical suggestions I've ever seen. I'm
a shake the box kind of guy- I know my limits.

Anyhow, this is the project that I had last worked on. As I like to keep things as goof proof as
possible, I run Bachmann EZ track. Works pretty good, except these oversized flanges on my
old Triang and Hornby would bounce off the frogs. To no small effort, I spent some hours grinding
out the frogs with a Dremel, and tested one line this evening, after cleaning the track, which
was filthy with dust and grime. To my great relief, my cherished OO Lord of the Isles churned
over the crossing without flying off the rails. A little noisy, but it works, and I'd hate to park
it and a few other old timers on the shelf for lack of compatability.

Edited by - Chops124 on September 28 2023 01:19:58 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 02 2023 :  7:46:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I think I fixed the problem, and yet again this is why I am not overly excited by the newest updates, etc.
that are constantly foisted upon me. By pure chance, I went through the settings on my phone and discovered
the tab for HEIV whatever was flipped on, something I did probably did just by randomly handling it. Switched
off, and now able to post pictures, again.
  Previous Topic: Name the rarest Tyco items Topic Next Topic: Model train and car ads  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000