Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 Tyco coal
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 951 Pipe Loader Topic Next Topic: Scored a nice Tyco-Kit Engine Shed for the layout  

tyco collecter
Switcher

Streak

Posted - September 05 2023 :  7:23:39 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add tyco collecter to Buddylist
Any of you guys know about good replacements for tyco coal! Or should I just buy more tyco operating coal hopper sets?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 17  ~  Member Since: May 12 2022  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - September 05 2023 :  8:10:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Woodland scenic coal should work fine. Perhaps the medium style. Check with your hobby store.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5911  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - September 05 2023 :  8:36:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I was using the dumping hopper cars for a while. The doors that swing shut can get stuck open if the coal is too sharp and angular. What worked for me was called "egg coal." I saw an ad from a supplier of HO egg coal:

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/railway-models-diorama-juweela-juw-28129

In the picture, it looks like it has nice rounded edges that wouldn't jam the doors.

Walthers advertises HO egg coal by the quart, but it's presently out of stock.
https://www.walthers.com/coal-egg-1-quart

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2355  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 06 2023 :  10:49:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I got some real coal from a friend but I haven't broken it up smaller
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: 951 Pipe Loader Topic Next Topic: Scored a nice Tyco-Kit Engine Shed for the layout  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000