Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 41 ]  [ Total: 41 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW April 2 to April 8, 2023
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW April 9 to 15, 2023 Topic Next Topic: LOTW March 12 to 18, 2023  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 02 2023 :  12:51:14 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Clearly not a Tyco piece, but inspired by the green pea soup color of Tyco units in PC
fantasy colors. My interest in the PC dates back to when, as a young man, I favored the
idea of going to work on the railroad. However, the troubles of the Penn Central threw
all those ambitions into doubt.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11195  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator 

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 02 2023 :  07:43:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
Having grown up in the heart of PRR territory during the Penn Central years, I remember well the deteriorating condition of Penn Central. Having a ringside seat to the early turmoil and ultimate rebirth has made me a lifelong Conrail fan.

Is your locomotive an Athearn GP40-2? Those were the backbone of the COnrail's intermodal fleet during the 1980s. They literally ran the wheels off of them, running fast trains for 20 or more years before they were bumped to lesser duties. Most still run for NS or CSX, but they're in local service now.

That said, the Athearn locomotives are just as durable as the real GP40-2s have turned out to be. Nice job painting and decalling this.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW April 9 to 15, 2023 Topic Next Topic: LOTW March 12 to 18, 2023  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000