Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 Tyco Talgo Motor Brushes
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco trolley poles Topic Next Topic: 2-8-0 Chattanooga gear missing  

AndyTrain
Switcher

Steam

Posted - February 12 2023 :  10:49:25 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add AndyTrain to Buddylist
In need of replacement motor brushes for my Tyco Talgo loco. The brushes are similar diameter to the standard Tyco brushes but are much longer with a slot across the top, anyone know where I may be able to score a pair? Thank you!
Andy Carmona
Edited by - AndyTrain on February 12 2023 10:50:10 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 49  ~  Member Since: November 24 2021  ~  Last Visit: May 08 2023 Alert Moderator 

rbturner
Big Six

RBT

Posted - February 13 2023 :  11:07:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add rbturner to Buddylist
Any chance you can get some approximate measurements? I have brushes but there are lots of sizes.

I have used pencil lead in an emergency.

Randy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 358  ~  Member Since: April 30 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 13 2023 :  6:45:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh I want one of those

that may have been the one that I saw in our former club that every time it went around a U or 90 degree corner the middle would lift up & derail
it might of needed weight in the middle

Edited by - microbusss on February 13 2023 6:45:56 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AndyTrain
Switcher

Steam

Posted - February 13 2023 :  11:50:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AndyTrain to Buddylist
Thanks, really appreciate your response. I'm going to guess since the ones in there are very worn. It appears they could be about 3/8ths of an inch based on where they go and the springs, the diameter is the same as all my other Tyco brushes on other motors.. the end of the springs sit in the slot on top of the brush. Pencil led us an interesting idea!

Any chance you can get some approximate measurements? I have brushes but there are lots of sizes.

I have used pencil lead in an emergency.

Originally posted by rbturner - February 13 2023 :  11:07:00 AM

[/quote]

Andy Carmona
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 49  ~  Member Since: November 24 2021  ~  Last Visit: May 08 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AndyTrain
Switcher

Steam

Posted - February 13 2023 :  11:56:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AndyTrain to Buddylist
Recent pick-up on Ebay, just got her running after several hours of work. Not sure if this one was in the club as it had about 60 years of grease and oil inside, was a poor runner, missing a coupler and had a broken screw that kept the last car from attaching itself to the middle car. You are correct about the weight but it doesn't derail. Also, I don't see any screw holes for a weight(?)

oh I want one of those

that may have been the one that I saw in our former club that every time it went around a U or 90 degree corner the middle would lift up & derail
it might of needed weight in the middle

Originally posted by microbusss - February 13 2023 :  6:45:04 PM

[/quote]

Andy Carmona
Edited by - AndyTrain on February 13 2023 11:59:56 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 49  ~  Member Since: November 24 2021  ~  Last Visit: May 08 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

rbturner
Big Six

RBT

Posted - February 14 2023 :  10:53:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add rbturner to Buddylist
Andy, if you will PM me your address I will send you some brushes that I think will work.
Randy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 358  ~  Member Since: April 30 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AndyTrain
Switcher

Steam

Posted - February 14 2023 :  11:05:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AndyTrain to Buddylist
quote:
Andy, if you will PM me your address I will send you some brushes that I think will work.

Originally posted by rbturner - February 14 2023 :  10:53:20 AM

Thanks and will do, very kind of you!

Andy Carmona
  Previous Topic: Tyco trolley poles Topic Next Topic: 2-8-0 Chattanooga gear missing  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000