Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 27 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Choo Choo Barn is up for sale
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Longest HO Train Video Topic Next Topic: Riding the Central Railroad of Peru  

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - January 27 2023 :  1:04:22 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Just found out now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator 

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - January 27 2023 :  11:17:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
How sad. Hopefully someone will buy it and keep it running.

https://www.modeltrainforum.com/threads/choo-choo-barn-for-sale.202025/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 512  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 28 2023 :  9:51:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Oh wow. I have so many awesome memories of visiting Strasburg with my parents when I was little, and the Choo Choo Barn was always a stop, along with the Railroad Museum of PA.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 30 2023 :  3:14:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sad to see it go, but I cannot imagine there is much money in trying
to sell model trains today. I imagine one would have to carry a huge
inventory, and not much of it moving terribly well. The demographic
cannot be favoring model trains. We, the TFers are a dying breed.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - January 30 2023 :  11:14:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
This listing by the creator's daughter calls it a sale of "two profitable businesses". Maybe there is hope?

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/choochoobarn-for-sale

I remember seeing the ChooChooBarn's layout in the I Love Toy Trains videos as kid, and even visiting once on a family vacation. Hopefully it can stay open.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 12 2023 :  12:24:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
AND NOW IT IS SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They found a buyer
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - July 19 2023 :  10:31:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Interesting. The Strasburg Train Shop is one of my local haunts and I didn't even know it was on the chopping block. They move tons of merchandise in there. New Lionel is a specialty for sure, but I keep their register ringing with HO parts and second hand acquisitions! Just a few weeks ago they had over 50 IHC streamliners come in from an estate. I didn't buy any of those but many Athearn, MDC and various project cars have come home from there.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 20 2023 :  7:12:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Wonderful that the attraction will survive for people to enjoy.
Possible that the hobby store would survive even if the Barn shut down.

Who knows. At any rate future people and current ones can enjoy its wonderful train operations.

Cool recent and unrecent videos of the Barn.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Longest HO Train Video Topic Next Topic: Riding the Central Railroad of Peru  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000