Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 29 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Tyco bridge and trestle set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Chiggen visits the Skunk Train Topic Next Topic: Ultimate Home  

LRR
Switcher

AV03

Posted - August 26 2022 :  08:40:06 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add LRR to Buddylist
Hello there !
Juste a silly question: can I use Peco track with the Tyco bridge and trestle set ?
Thanks.
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 13  ~  Member Since: August 26 2022  ~  Last Visit: September 03 2022 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 26 2022 :  6:01:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Why not try it and let us know? RP Model Railroads, if you archive
his posts of the Pure Tyco Layout, actually got that assemblage to
actually work reliably, but he used 100% Tyco. So much that he
did not use any sort of ground cover, just bare wood, because
Tyco never made ground cover.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LRR
Switcher

AV03

Posted - August 27 2022 :  04:01:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LRR to Buddylist
Good idea ! I'll order the Mehano bridge and trestle set because it's absolutely the same stuff than Tyco bridge and trestle set.

Country: France  ~  Posts: 13  ~  Member Since: August 26 2022  ~  Last Visit: September 03 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LRR
Switcher

AV03

Posted - August 27 2022 :  11:34:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LRR to Buddylist
I measured the Peco track and the Mehano/Tyco track and found that the Peco track is 1mm wider than the Mehano/Tyco track (sorry I'm a metric guy since I was born) . Can I have any issues with that ?

Country: France  ~  Posts: 13  ~  Member Since: August 26 2022  ~  Last Visit: September 03 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - August 27 2022 :  2:46:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Yes, very possibly, since the bridge and piers all wrap around the ends of the ties. I don’t recall how tight or loose the tolerances are, but at that scale, 1mm could be a significant difference.
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1485  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - August 27 2022 :  7:11:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
It might be solved by a patient lot of filing, either making each bracket .5mm deeper or the necessary ties .5mm shorter on each end.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2352  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LRR
Switcher

AV03

Posted - August 28 2022 :  01:48:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LRR to Buddylist
Thank you for all your answers. Very appreciated. If I understand correctly, I'm in a dead end. I better cancel my order before it's too late.

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - August 28 2022 :  2:31:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
The opening is exactly 29 mm.

Sand the edges of the ties if the track will not slide in, or simply cut the bridge in half and glue the side to the outside of your track, so that the track and two sides are now one unit.

Don't give up too easily.

This hobby allows many creative ways to solve a challenge.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LRR
Switcher

AV03

Posted - August 29 2022 :  04:45:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LRR to Buddylist
Thank you very much for your answer but it is too late. I canceled my order yesterday...
  Previous Topic: The Chiggen visits the Skunk Train Topic Next Topic: Ultimate Home  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000