Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 [H0] Bachmann 44475
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Backyard Alaska Adventure Video Topic Next Topic: HO Donations  

Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 11 2022 :  11:07:15 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Hello everyone !
I'm also looking for a Bachmann over-under figure 8 layout (#44475). It's just a funny idea. Nothing else. All your advices, comments and criticism about this product will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6679
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 54  ~  Member Since: April 01 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 11 2022 Alert Moderator 

Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 11 2022 :  12:42:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Unfortunately I discovered with Anyrail that the Bachmann track plan does not work as you can see below.

Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 54  ~  Member Since: April 01 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - April 11 2022 :  12:51:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
There's probably enough flex in the track connections for that track plan to work. The old Atlas track plan books took advantage of that fact. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 11 2022 :  1:11:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Οld Bandit to Buddylist
The Anyrail plan works better with two more pieces of 3" straight track.

In fact, I'm a little bit lost...

Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 54  ~  Member Since: April 01 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 11 2022 :  7:06:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well, JMOP, but I am not a fan of over and unders. They can create more problems than they solve,
but I will say, RP Model Railroads did one and it seems to work perfectly- to my surprise.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 11 2022 :  9:59:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
I do not build level railroads so over and under is kinda my thing. That said, I strongly advise you to pass on this trestle set. Built as shown, the grade is 5.6%, far more than is advisable. I limit myself to a 4% grade or less, and even that cuts the pulling power of a locomotive by 83%. The Atlas pier set has a far more reasonable 2,8% grade, if it can be modified to work with EZ track. That equates to 1/4" rise per section of track, and for the track plan shown you have enough room to do that, just barely. Perhaps a better option would be to use the Woodland Scenics foam risers. They should be wide enough to support EZ track, and you can build a more realistic embankment or concrete wall type ramp with them. They come in grades of 2, 3 and 4%.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Old Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 12 2022 :  12:11:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Old Bandit to Buddylist
Many thanks for all your advices. Very helpful and very interesting. I better cancel my project I guess.

For some mysterious reasons my account Οld Bandit no longer works (maybe my PC hates me - who knows?). I'm happy to be back with this new username.
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: April 11 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Old Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 12 2022 :  07:52:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Old Bandit to Buddylist
Just for the fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkUrHM8qWo
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: April 11 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - April 12 2022 :  12:29:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
Many thanks for all your advices. Very helpful and very interesting. I better cancel my project I guess.

For some mysterious reasons my account Οld Bandit no longer works (maybe my PC hates me - who knows?). I'm happy to be back with this new username.

Originally posted by The Old Bandit - April 12 2022 :  12:11:19 AM

Somehow you managed to create two "Old Bandit" accounts - maybe that's causing the problem. Perhaps the admin or a moderator can straighten things out for you.

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Old Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 12 2022 :  12:48:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Old Bandit to Buddylist
I think I better ban myself from this great forum to solve this problem forever. Multiple accounts for the same guy are against the forum rules. So goodbye !

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 17 2022 :  05:46:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
quote:
I think I better ban myself from this great forum to solve this problem forever. Multiple accounts for the same guy are against the forum rules. So goodbye !

Originally posted by The Old Bandit - April 12 2022 :  12:48:00 PM

Sorry I lied !

Country: France  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: April 16 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 17 2022 :  08:17:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
quote:
Well, JMOP, but I am not a fan of over and unders. They can create more problems than they solve,
but I will say, RP Model Railroads did one and it seems to work perfectly- to my surprise.

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 11 2022 :  7:06:08 PM

If you noticed, RP has spaced his piers about 1 1/2 track sections apart. While it doesn't support the track joints as intended, it brings the grade down to a manageable level. And grade steepness is key to making any layout like this work. Over on the Bachmann forum, we see alot of people who buy these pier sets, set them up as shown on the box, then wonder why their 4-4-0s won't pull the train up the grade. We calculated the grade to be 5.6%. The best solution using the Bachmann pier set would be to buy two of them and double up the piers, putting cardstock shims under every second pier to even the grade. The pier sequence would be pier1, pier 1 with shims, pier 2, pier 2 with shims, pier 3, etc. This would give a longer grade but it would be a manageable 2.8% that would allow your locomotives to pull about 1/3 what they pull on the level.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Backyard Alaska Adventure Video Topic Next Topic: HO Donations  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000