Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Slice of Woodbury - Passenger Edition
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Last new wall of Woodbury Topic Next Topic: Wall 4 Slice of Woodbury  

scmich
Little Six

Posted - January 30 2022 :  12:56:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
Years ago I posted my Slice of Woodbury (May 2007) on this site, with the expectation I would add a little more, particularly Tyco Streamline passenger sets. It took a bit longer than hoped, but I have added three new walls of Tyco and updated the original two walls as well. Here is my fist photo release...took a quick shot with my phone before putting the glass up. More pics of the other walls will follow now that they are up and the shelves stocked.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 120  ~  Member Since: October 26 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 11 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 30 2022 :  1:23:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Magnificent collection,thanks for posting. The purple one below the
yellow DRGW, is that ACL? I'd never known Tyco to do something
like that!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scmich
Little Six

Posted - January 30 2022 :  1:43:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
Yes CHOPS, purple is ACL.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 120  ~  Member Since: October 26 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 11 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - January 30 2022 :  2:02:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I read the post title and at first thought someone had revived the original thread. It's nice to see the update! I particularly like the custom C&O set. That's one of the sharper F-units Tyco made and it's unfortunate they never made passenger cars. I've contemplated making a similar set before.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 30 2022 :  3:58:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I think he missing the Tyco Streamliner set
& the Shark passenger set

but I can see I missing a B unit for my Rio Grande set
course I am needing a few passenger cars for my UP set hehe

DO want the double diesels Amtrak! *drools*

After the Brown Box era there wasn't much passenger trains
Aside the GG1 & Double Diesel sets
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scmich
Little Six

Posted - January 30 2022 :  4:35:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
quote:
I read the post title and at first thought someone had revived the original thread. It's nice to see the update! I particularly like the custom C&O set. That's one of the sharper F-units Tyco made and it's unfortunate they never made passenger cars. I've contemplated making a similar set before.

Originally posted by DaCheez - January 30 2022 :  2:02:30 PM

Exactly. That A/B screamed for a set streamliners, so I made one. It is a placeholder in case I someday get a chromed Southern Crescent, or maybe an original aluminum Tyco Streamliner set with the Sharks.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 120  ~  Member Since: October 26 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 11 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - January 30 2022 :  10:40:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
VERY nice display case. Did you make it yourself? It is very hard to find many of those B units - congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the other display cases. BTW, you have enough material for the * of the weeks topics!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 512  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 11 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 31 2022 :  10:24:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

maybe an original aluminum Tyco Streamliner set with the Sharks.
Originally posted by scmich - January 30 2022 :  4:35:35 PM

thats what I want & the B unit for MY lonely Shark!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - January 31 2022 :  8:33:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
It would be nice to see that C&O train up close. I've seen some C&O paint schemes on models that look far nicer than anything seen on the real ones. This may be an example.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 488  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 31 2022 :  9:38:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Incredible display and train collection!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 01 2022 :  2:13:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
quote:
It would be nice to see that C&O train up close. I've seen some C&O paint schemes on models that look far nicer than anything seen on the real ones. This may be an example.

Originally posted by jward - January 31 2022 :  8:33:08 PM

I will try to get a closeup of one of the cars. I basically tried to make it look like what Tyco would have done. A single color band across the windows. Decals were easy enough to track down. I still need to put the inserts in the windows with the silhouettes.

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 02 2022 :  8:28:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by jward - January 31 2022 :  8:33:08 PM

Got to put the inserts in yet. Trying to make scans to re-do the ones I pulled out. They were yellowed a bit and paper got brittle.

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 02 2022 :  8:30:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 02 2022 :  8:31:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by scmich - February 02 2022 :  8:30:08 PM

Sorry, photos not uploading for some reason. Will try again later

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 03 2022 :  09:23:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist

Got it. had to change the name of the file.

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - February 03 2022 :  8:48:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
That is a nice looking paint scheme. Makes me want a streamliner for my line.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 488  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 03 2022 :  9:55:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice custom work!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 03 2022 :  11:05:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Very clean work on the C&O cars! They really do look like something Tyco would have made.

Here are some scans of the interior inserts if you need them. I used them a few years back for a set I was working on. The background is transparent and the silhouettes have been cleaned up to print out clean. I remember them not printing at the proper scale so you may need to fiddle a little.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 04 2022 :  10:15:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
Thanks CHeez. Those might be a better solution than what I was attempting. Now I just need to find TIME.

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - February 04 2022 :  12:30:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Or if you want Scooby and the Gang chasing down The Creeper, I got you covered on that!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 04 2022 :  2:14:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Fabulous!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 04 2022 :  2:16:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
That's fantastic!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 04 2022 :  3:49:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Or if you want Scooby and the Gang chasing down The Creeper, I got you covered on that!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - February 04 2022 :  12:30:24 PM

how about some Murder Death Kill ones?
I got the idea from the Toonliner in Roger Rabbit movie
when the train hits the Dipmobile pause it right there & go frame by frame to see that

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 05 2022 :  8:22:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by scmich - February 03 2022 :  09:23:56 AM

Did you use the original silver colour on the car and just re-paint the stripe, or did you re-spray the whole car? If a re-spray, I'm curious what brand of silver paint you used.

scmich
Little Six

Posted - February 06 2022 :  1:53:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by scmich - February 03 2022 :  09:23:56 AM

Did you use the original silver colour on the car and just re-paint the stripe, or did you re-spray the whole car? If a re-spray, I'm curious what brand of silver paint you used.

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 05 2022 :  8:22:13 PM

Re-Sprayed the whole car after lightly sanding the old lettering off so there wasn't any ghosts showing through.
Used Tamiya brand, Silver Leaf was the color. Small can.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 06 2022 :  6:50:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Good to know! Looks like it suits the Tyco cars well. I used that exact paint this week on a different project.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 06 2022 :  7:16:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Looks like factory mint. Tyco archeologists in the ages to come will be
wondering why this isn't in the catalogue.
  Previous Topic: Last new wall of Woodbury Topic Next Topic: Wall 4 Slice of Woodbury  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000