Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW Oct. 18 to 24, 2021
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW Oct. 24 to 30, 2021 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Oct. 11 to 17, 2021  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 19 2021 :  10:29:21 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

And on the 6th day, the Lord doth created the Penn Central. And he saw that is was foul, and
smote it thereafter.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 19 2021 :  10:23:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Quite a unique PC ALCO diesel there, Chops.

I'm gonna double-dip this week.

Ephrata Valley RR GP40 #1536, a classic Bachmann diesel. The shell was painted by Aaron, and despite having cracked gears, still rides down the rails with a good motor and headlight. I will either have to repair the gears, replace them, or install a OLD and apparently reliable metal 8-wheel-drive chassis that Bachmann used on their earliest HO-Scale diesel locomotives at the beginning of the 1970's (if I can find a spare one.)

Yet another Bachmann, Southern Pacific RR F9 #602! This F9 (that I bought from Aaron a while back) is MINT w. original box, and runs just as good as it looks! I love the experimental SP scheme that Bachmann used on the F9, U36B, and GP40 - someday I hope to find both of those diesels in hopefully a similar condition, although my chances to find a bargain are slim as this scheme is becoming harder to find.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 19 2021 10:43:13 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 19 2021 :  10:49:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I like the EV scheme on the ‘40, but the SP experimental scheme I never cared too much for.  Still, that’s a nice looking F.  And I like how Bachmann always conveniently ignores the molded-in numbers on the number boards!

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 20 2021 :  3:20:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well my LOTW is a Aristocraft 0-6-0t New Jersey Central with it's original box. I just got it like yesterday and I repaired the box replacing the clear plastic window which was cracked and missing a big piece. Then reattached the hinged box lid. This loco has no faults with its appearance as to all parts are there, and stickers. Paint is good. i haven't yet cleaned it, lubed it, or tested it. That is for tomorrow. This one is a odd one with the name "Uncle Sum'. A mistake type name due to their accent. It should have been "Uncle Sam".

frank;

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 20 2021 :  8:58:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
I like the EV scheme on the ‘40, but the SP experimental scheme I never cared too much for. Still, that’s a nice looking F. And I like how Bachmann always conveniently ignores the molded-in numbers on the number boards!

Originally posted by gmoney-October 19 2021: 10:49:35 PM

Thanks, same here!

LOL, yes, classic Bachmann had a habit of doing so.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 20 2021 :  10:08:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Double the dip = double the fun. Enjoyed the EVRR stills. The Uncle Sum. That backstory is fabulous. Great little piece.
Does it run well?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW Oct. 24 to 30, 2021 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Oct. 11 to 17, 2021  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000