Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Chops Chopping Chopped Prices Beyond Insanity!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Chops Chopped the Shipping Charges Topic Next Topic: CHOPS''S LOSS, YOUR GAIN  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 17 2021 :  11:52:44 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Seller information
chops124 (359 )
100% Positive feedback

Not exactly sure how to go about posting my direct eBay link, but the above info should get you there. I have about thirty lots up for sale, all at well-below market prices, some lots starting at 99 cents. Got a perfect Mantua Mikado up there, and the bidding is only at $24, for example.

This last time the Forum shut down, I really believed it was gone the way of the Dodo bird. What started out as a joke- a Tyco Pipe Loader set, had grown to overwhelming proportions over the next ten years, partly because the stuff was so cheap, and partly because I was given armloads of the stuff by people wanting to clean out their garages.

I've enjoyed it, video'd the heck out of it, and would like to have a little more space for other projects, so when the TF shut down, it seemed like a good opportunity to start downsizing. Now, I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water. I just want to pull it back to a more proportionate size that is easy to work on, interesting to run, and doesn't overwhelm me with maintenance issues.

Ever since I first saw RP's Ephrata Valley, a meticulously crafted 4x4, I thought, "this is the best direction to go in." So, phase X of Armadilloville, it has been built and rebuilt at least that many times, is to chop it in half and concentrate the best aspects. The buildings that don't fit will be stored and swapped in and out, as desired. No need to throw out that baby either; they don't sell or ship easily.

I've kept at least one of everything, but duplicates are up on feeBay, and the auction ends tomorrow at 10 AM. Some lots have not been bid on, others have recieved a little attention, this is BARGAIN time. Whatever doesn't sell will be put into one larger lot and re-auctioned at a 99 cent starting bid.

Got a couple of GG1's up there, including one that has a complete set of era correct Amtrak coaches, and the bidding on that is still around $25. I just can't run that length of train on the new Armadilloville in a 4x4; the locomotive would end up coupling to the rear coach!

My feeling right now, and it is still just a feeling, is to build a shelf L onto Henley so as to have a longer mainline run with some of its long passenger rakes, and the funds from this sale will likely go to that project.

Or, there is a switching layout I'd like to do, and a micro Floridian back water layout that's been on my mind for a while. Also, I need to start wrapping up Mormon's Gulch, soon, as model train shows are coming back.

SALE ENDS TOMMOROW AT 10:00 AM. I will ship by Economy rate, if you prefer, but will not take any responsibility for loss or damage if sent uninsured.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - September 18 2021 :  12:09:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Did you ever build that airplane you bought from me? ALSO to those who are reading check out avinathan on e bay got HO there and hope to ad more AND I GOT TRESTLES SETS FROM ALMOST EVERY MANUFACTURER
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 19 2021 :  12:52:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yes, Mr. Thesiding, I did, it came out well. I intend to mount it on the
armature for the Tyco Airport, but am in the process of thinning down
the overall herd.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - September 19 2021 :  3:55:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
made mu purchase from u
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 19 2021 :  7:50:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
"Mu?" Everything boxed and 99% of it paid and ships Monday. What is "mu?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - September 19 2021 :  8:14:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
typo for me

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - September 19 2021 :  9:12:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Mu? What is Mu?"

Underworld civilization in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 19 2021 :  10:05:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
What did you get? I want to be extra sure you get it. Everything will ship in the morning.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - September 20 2021 :  11:32:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Agin mu typowing is knot saw gooooodd

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 21 2021 :  11:50:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
No sweat! I can read you typing without a problem.
FRANK

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Chops Chopped the Shipping Charges Topic Next Topic: CHOPS''S LOSS, YOUR GAIN  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000