Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Old Train set belonging to grandad
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: American Flyer Topic Next Topic: Unknown uncommon HO two dome tanker  

casonb
Switcher

Posted - June 02 2021 :  11:41:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add casonb to Buddylist
I have this old set of trains that belonged to my grandad, and I wanted to see if they'd possibly be worth anything. Any information helps, thanks!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: June 02 2021  ~  Last Visit: June 03 2021 Alert Moderator 

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - June 03 2021 :  12:03:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Welcome! What you have there are typical classic HO trains made by Tyco and Athearn. Nothing rare and sadly they are pretty hammered up. Some folks around here can take stuff like that and make them run again, but judging by their appearance, these have seen their better days.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 07 2021 :  08:50:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I reckon they'd fit in a prepaid medium sized box
flat rate priority by USPS for about $12 shipping.

I'd put them on eBay as a bundle and start the
bidding at $5, no reserve, no BIN. Seven day
auction ending on a Sat or Sunday. You might
get $10 out of the lot. El Rojo is correct. Nothing
special there, but someone might want the
locomotive, but on the cheap.

In general, model trains do not have much resell value.
Exceptions would include the Lionel Girl Train from the
1950's, mint state.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: American Flyer Topic Next Topic: Unknown uncommon HO two dome tanker  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000