Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Anderson Shops Concept Art
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SHARK ATTACK - My HO-Scale Sharknose Collection Topic Next Topic: Happy Father''s Day!  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 23 2021 :  2:26:30 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I'm going to dedicate a page to display and discuss some of the concept art I've done up through my time working with Armadillovile and the Ephrata Valley Railroad.

I'll kick off with the very first EV diesel and caboose. The EV Tycoon reached out to me with a rough sketch idea for the EV's first paint scheme.

After some discussion, we started to talk a little about the Lehigh Valley's paint scheme because of its variety and crude similarities with the original idea. After a little work, I put out my first concept drawings for the EV scheme. (Not to shine a bad light on RP's drawings, Mind you I have many years of experience with graphic design based artwork).

This rendition was successful, and with a few minor changes it would be the scheme worn by many different streamlined cabs on the EV through the 40s to 60s.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on May 23 2021 2:30:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 23 2021 :  3:40:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
While the freight cars painted for EV were less tailored to the LV, the locomotives kept right on the theme, with engines modeled after the Early LV scheme, the LV Yellow Jacket scheme, and the LV Snow Bird Scheme.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 23 2021 :  8:19:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great concept art - you are very good at digital art (no surprise.)

LOL, my drawings are pitiful, but your F9/caboose drawings made what was in mind, look way better.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 23 2021 :  8:59:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
From what I've seen lately your skills are vastly improving. In a bit I'll show you how to use the airbrush tool in paint 3D to add a realistic light effect around your headlight.

So here's a few paint scheme final designs I've been working on for the last few days. I have a Bachmann FT dressed up in an Early EV scheme.

I also did up a Life-like GP38 in the final scheme worn by all LV diesels from 1968 until EV freight operations' absorbtion into Conrail in 1979. Luckily the railroad would continue on as a tourist railroad with steam excursions well into the 21st Century.

Finally the Ephrata Valley Works is in the process of mechanically restoring a GG1 into service, soon to be coming to Anderson Lines for Paintwork. This Big electric unit will be going into the later EV scheme, as the EV purchased a few GG1s in early 1969.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on May 23 2021 8:59:58 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 24 2021 :  9:22:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I love these designs - the Ephrata Valley Tycoon is continuously impressed with the Anderson Shops work. Also, please do share how to add more realistic light effects to model train photos - I'm all ears.

One thing though, the Ephrata Valley Railroad was never absorbed into Conrail. Legend has it that this mini short-line railroad stood the test of time and still hauls freight to this day, although modern passenger service is now limited to tourist only.

*big hint to future repainting plans*

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 25 2021 :  04:23:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I want to get some heavyweight oldstyle passenger cars. If I had space I would invest in a printer for doing decals.
Aaron Anderson

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - July 16 2021 :  9:30:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Here's an instance of a concept drawing coming to life. Here's both the design plan for an EV C628, as well as the real unit coming to life.

Aaron Anderson

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - July 16 2021 :  9:32:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Some other various schemes I've been working for the EV.

Aaron Anderson
  Previous Topic: SHARK ATTACK - My HO-Scale Sharknose Collection Topic Next Topic: Happy Father''s Day!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000