Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW: April 16 - April 22, 2021
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW April 25Th - May 1st. 2021 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: April 4th - April 10th  

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - April 19 2021 :  3:34:52 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
My AOTW is a pair of war surplus trucks in civilian colors:
After WWII, what we now call military surplus was termed "war surplus" and people were putting the military's surplus equipment to good use in civilian life. I picked up some ROCO Minitanks WWII army trucks, some years ago and did the same for the businesses on my layout. A coat of non-olive-drab paint will make a civilian out of any truck.

The yellow truck is a GMC and the blue one is a Chevy. In real life, some of these persist to this day. In 2019, I saw one of the GMC trucks, like these, in Washington State with a snow plow mounted on it.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 19 2021 :  6:03:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Duece-and-a-halfs. Very cool. There is a small fleet of these privately owned that are stationed
on the beaches of Elephant Butte Reservoir in New Mexico that make a good living towing knucleheads
like me out of the sand. That's what they do all day long. Sit and wait and watch for cars and four by fours
get stuck as they try to get near the water's edge. It is hilarious watching those four wheel drive
pick ups stuck up to the axles spinning madly. Those six wheel drive dualies are impervious to the
deep sand, but the rest of of us: no luck.

My wonderful sister sent me these boys to complete the Subway Layout:

Edited by - Chops124 on April 19 2021 6:53:53 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AOTW April 25Th - May 1st. 2021 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: April 4th - April 10th  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000