Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Potential preproductions
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: basement train room! Topic Next Topic: Ebay Item LOST in Shipping/Delivery  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 05 2021 :  6:03:55 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Today I got this lot out of New Jersey, and I think I may have finally got a couple preproductions. The red white and blue striped engine looks really close to a factory scheme, and the blue one doesn't show much for overspray, or other colors. I'll do some comparisons of various Tyco paint jobs with the striped C430 and the blue engine.

The reason I'm thinking the top two may be prepods it is that the shell interiors look really clean. Even an airbrushed kit bash should have a color under it. It could have been primed but doesn't appear that way. Plus the blue on the striped unit is a spot on match to the other bicentennial unit.

If they are preprods would it be worth repairing the pilot on the one?

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on April 05 2021 6:10:31 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 05 2021 :  9:01:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Definitely take close-up shots once you receive these. The all-blue C430 shell I think is most likely just a re-paint, but the red-white-blue striped one is interesting, especially since, like you observed, the dark blue is the same color or appears to be the same color, as the blue in standard Spirit of '76 locomotives. I am very curious....
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 05 2021 :  9:20:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
But note it too also has the grey primer, and a very poor coat of paint on the inside. If this was done outside the factory, it was done very well. The other odd thing is that the one S of 76 is also in matte paint, which I haven't seen before either.

Where it's from New Jersey, about an hour from Woodbury heights, I'm real perplexed.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - April 09 2021 :  1:34:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
To be honest, I don't think they are preproduction's, just my opinion... I think for a mock up they would have only schemed out only one side and with at least the flag. I also think that there would at a minimum the seal. Hey, it's just my opinion.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 09 2021 :  3:04:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
To be honest, I don't think they are preproduction's, just my opinion... I think for a mock up they would have only schemed out only one side and with at least the flag. I also think that there would at a minimum the seal. Hey, it's just my opinion.

Originally posted by GG-1 Guy - April 09 2021 :  1:34:00 PM

I'll see if the paint matches factory paint at all. If not, BC Rail baby!

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 09 2021 :  7:51:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
BC Rail, we never see that here!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 09 2021 :  8:24:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I live by CN, so I grew up seeing the mighty red white and blue C40-8Ms.

Sadly around 2015 Corporated Nincompoops went out and bought themselves a brand new fleet of 600 Gevos, which essentially rang the death bell for the Draper tapers.

I still see a few BC Rail and CN C40-8Ms floating around, but they're beginning to become a rare site. Soon they will be gone for good, brand new boring Gevos in their place.

Aaron Anderson

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 13 2021 :  05:15:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
These wound up just being sprayed shells. Oh well, I can still find a use for them I'm sure. If anything else spray painting practice.

The one isn't far from the BC Rail Hockeystick Scheme.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on April 13 2021 05:16:32 AM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 13 2021 :  12:39:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Oh well. Still good for custom projects, though.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: basement train room! Topic Next Topic: Ebay Item LOST in Shipping/Delivery  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000