Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Slot
 Trifecta of Eheim
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic: Einheim Trolley Bus Trio  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 22 2021 :  9:11:17 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

So, I finally got to open the box, but testing and running will be another week, at least. These
busses typically start bidding at 100 clams per whack, and I got all 3 on a neglected eBay
auction. Not decided whether to keep them all (what the heck, right?) or keep one or two
and sell the rest. Dig the headlights? Groovy.

I do have a quantity of unused overhead caternary, so maybe I can dream up a way to
shoehorn it into the already cramped Armodilloville, which currently has a trolley bus
system, a trolley system, and a subway.

Unknown if they run, they are made in West Germany, which carries a reputation for
longevity.

Edited by - Chops124 on March 22 2021 9:12:01 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 22 2021 :  10:39:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Hope they run! Pls keep us posted.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 23 2021 :  12:29:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks again for steering (no pun intended) my attention to these
critters, I would not have found them otherwise. In fact you've flagged
a number of great calls over the years, you've got a good eye. These
things are just as cute as puppies. Maybe I can shift my lazy self into
gear to give a clean, grease, and quick test tomorrow.

I am thinking just maybe I can work them into the Armadilloville
trolley way, and run a trolley and a bus simultaneously on separate
circuits...

Or maybe instead a separate micro layout just for trolley busses, one
that I can throw in the back of the hatchback and take to model
railway shows...heaven knows I'm getting a small, but growing
collection of buildings that no longer fit on Armodilloville.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 23 2021 :  01:10:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I really like those buses!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 23 2021 :  1:14:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
They are really cool, Walt. Tyco US 1, and other makes, just too fast for me. A regular slot, at slow speed,
simply cannot even see it. This old vintage stuff runs pretty good, but I found the hard way that running it
too long and too slow makes the motors overheat badly. I run it for maybe ten minutes at a pop, then
let it cool for a while, seems to be a good formula.

https://youtu.be/QI3oboKMz94
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 25 2021 :  03:33:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Did you ever get these guys rolling, Chops? I'm actually kinda interested in these model trolleybuses. It's just they seem to cause an absurd amount of trouble based on your *ehem* adventures.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on May 25 2021 03:34:36 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
   Topic Next Topic: Einheim Trolley Bus Trio  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000