Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 DCC command station
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: DJH Coronation build, review and gallery! Topic Next Topic: New Anderson Lines Diesel  

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - February 21 2021 :  3:39:19 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
Okay - I KNOW that true DCC command stations do more than this, but I want something for when friends & family come over to "wow" them - a command station that looks more like a railroad cab. I've found this - P.I. Engineering RailDriver Desktop Cab Controller, but it looks like it was made for XP and you have to figure out what software to run it with to use DCC (and even then looks limited).

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Starting my Tyco and other favorites collection over again after 37 years.
My still in progress list of inventory and wantlist: tyconut.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 21 2021 :  8:34:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Absolutely not a clue. Is this station an actual or virtual item?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - February 22 2021 :  9:40:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
Actual item, roughly $200.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 23 2021 :  08:21:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - February 21 2021 :  8:34:18 PM

its real its for running those Train Simulator games
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Locodub
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - February 23 2021 :  2:57:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Locodub to Buddylist
It looks like a program called JMRI will support using RailDriver with a DCC setup, although I think it requires a pc interface with the DCC system as well. You might be able to find more information on jmri.org.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 87  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 23 2021 :  3:19:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - February 21 2021 :  8:34:18 PM

its real its for running those Train Simulator games

Originally posted by microbusss - February 23 2021 :  08:21:00 AM

Ok, but will it be used to run actual model trains, or just the computer game?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - February 28 2021 :  10:58:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
I want to actually run real trains with it - simpler than the major controllers for maybe my 10 year old and my 76 year old dad - simple but fun for limited use.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 28 2021 :  11:11:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Very cool, love to see that.
  Previous Topic: DJH Coronation build, review and gallery! Topic Next Topic: New Anderson Lines Diesel  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000