Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 TYCO "Mikado" & LL GP38-2 haulin' freight video
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Dillo Daze Topic Next Topic: New Day, New Trouble: Armodilloville  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 07 2021 :  9:42:01 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Enjoy as vintage Tyco/Mantua Santa Fe 2-8-2 "Mikado" #4073 & LifeLike Santa Fe GP38-2 #3560, haul freight side-by-side on the Ephrata Valley Railroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIDtak_KhMc

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - January 07 2021 :  11:31:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Great video! I just love those old Mikes and Pacifics, I can't stop buying them
I especially love the old red box era ones as well as the 80s/90s Mantua ones with the upgraded drive motors
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 08 2021 :  12:21:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
What is that blue box car? Like to see that on next COTW.
Nice Blues soundtrack. This is an amazing micro layout. Looking fine with both lines getting polished.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - January 08 2021 :  5:55:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
I know that GP38-2 all too well. It came with the Life-Like "Freight Runner" train set I got for Christmas ten years ago when I decided to "start over" with my model railroading and try out "realistic" landscaping techniques and such (i.e. ground-cover paths, lychen, etc.)

Definitely a neat train set, what with it incorporating a Power-Loc figure-8 track layout with the 90-degree crossing track section Life-Like introduced in their waning years, thus keeping everything at one level and allowing for better placement of structures and accessories, such as the included railroad crossing, stock pen (complete with farmer, cow and pig figures) and Snap-Loc Dickerson Station building kit, along with including the usual autos, trees, signs and utility poles found in many Life-Like sets. Even though it clearly felt like a set that could've been made in the 1980s or 1990s (save for the Power-Loc roadbed track), complete with the cheaper pancake motor and plastic wheels and truck-mount X2F couplers, it was still great fun, and it was in a way like a fun throwback to the aforementioned older Life-Like sets along with the older Bachmann and TYCO sets of the time.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - January 08 2021 :  11:20:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
I know that GP38-2 all too well. It came with the Life-Like "Freight Runner" train set I got for Christmas ten years ago when I decided to "start over" with my model railroading and try out "realistic" landscaping techniques and such (i.e. ground-cover paths, lychen, etc.)

Definitely a neat train set, what with it incorporating a Power-Loc figure-8 track layout with the 90-degree crossing track section Life-Like introduced in their waning years, thus keeping everything at one level and allowing for better placement of structures and accessories, such as the included railroad crossing, stock pen (complete with farmer, cow and pig figures) and Snap-Loc Dickerson Station building kit, along with including the usual autos, trees, signs and utility poles found in many Life-Like sets. Even though it clearly felt like a set that could've been made in the 1980s or 1990s (save for the Power-Loc roadbed track), complete with the cheaper pancake motor and plastic wheels and truck-mount X2F couplers, it was still great fun, and it was in a way like a fun throwback to the aforementioned older Life-Like sets along with the older Bachmann and TYCO sets of the time.

Originally posted by wiley209 - January 08 2021 :  5:55:06 PM

Wow I started with model railroading almost the same way you did!!! The first train set that really got me into model railroading was the LL "Super Power Charger" set that I got for Christmas back in 2008, which seems very similar to the one you started with. I believe it had cars, a stockyard, rail crossing and an over/under bridge, with the same GP38-2 Hi-Nose Santa Fe! I still have most of that set
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 09 2021 :  06:35:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks guys! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the video.

Chops, that blue 40' box car is actually called "Florida Speedways" - I will feature it in the upcoming COTW.

wiley & BNSFia: I love the LifeLike GP38-2 "high-hood design," especially since my first HO locomotive of all time was none other than Union Pacific #2007. Really, I just like high-hood diesels in general.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Dillo Daze Topic Next Topic: New Day, New Trouble: Armodilloville  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000