Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW: Dec. 27th - Jan. 2nd
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW: Jan. 3rd - Jan. 9th Topic Next Topic: AOTW December 20 to 26, 2020  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 27 2020 :  09:15:48 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
My AOTW is this HO-Scale Mack ladder truck (far left,) that Aaron had customized a little while ago, and then sent me as a gift in a recent trade deal. Thanks so much!

Backstory: Looks like the Ephrata Fire Department has taken delivery of their new 1984 Mack CF ladder truck, which is soon to replace the aging present ladder truck - an American LaFrance Century from the late 1950's. The fire department board members have also reached an agreement with town council, approving the construction of a brand-new firehouse.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 27 2020 :  10:18:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
mine is the Life-Like Bedford water tower I just got from RP on Saturday

I will sometime put in a blinky LED on the top as there is nothing in it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 27 2020 :  1:14:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I'm glad you like that truck RP! I figured that it would work well for Euphrata F.D, although you should keep the two matching trucks.

My AOTW will be my Tyco Blinking Microwave Tower. It's the perfect for the skyline of my small town.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 27 2020 :  2:39:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice stuff. I had no idea that Tyco made a microwave tower!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 27 2020 :  3:00:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Nice stuff. I had no idea that Tyco made a microwave tower!!

Originally posted by Chops124 - December 27 2020 :  2:39:59 PM

yeah I even have one new in package but since blister got loose it will be used on my layout too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 27 2020 :  11:45:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

AFD
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 28 2020 :  04:11:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I can't wait for you to see the new truck. It will replace this job, as I find this thing isn't my best work...
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 28 2020 :  7:51:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Here's the new Armadillovile Fire Engine, with its shiny red, black, and gold paint and a telescoping boom equipped with a snorkel.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on December 29 2020 04:17:16 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 29 2020 :  02:38:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The AFD will certainly find good use for this. Loving the picked out
pump control details and the sporty red wheel inserts.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 31 2020 :  4:20:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - December 27 2020 :  10:18:16 AM

If you can find Model Power's blinking red LEDs, I recommend those. It works great in my Life-Like Bedford water tower! I also recommend painting inside the tank and roof black (except for the red translucent dome, of course!) so the whole thing doesn't illuminate and ruin the illusion.

Speaking of Life-Like lighted accessories, I got this Life-Like Scenemaster 2-target railroad signal:

They made this from the 1980s to the early 2000s, I believe. Mine came in the 1991-style packaging. I love the little holes on the bases of these Life-Like signals (like my semaphore), because thanks to the extruded insulation foam base (and the styrofoam snow on top during the winter) I can stick in the signal with little track nails!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 31 2020 :  5:36:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - December 27 2020 :  10:18:16 AM

If you can find Model Power's blinking red LEDs, I recommend those. It works great in my Life-Like Bedford water tower! I also recommend painting inside the tank and roof black (except for the red translucent dome, of course!) so the whole thing doesn't illuminate and ruin the illusion.

Speaking of Life-Like lighted accessories, I got this Life-Like Scenemaster 2-target railroad signal:

They made this from the 1980s to the early 2000s, I believe. Mine came in the 1991-style packaging. I love the little holes on the bases of these Life-Like signals (like my semaphore), because thanks to the extruded insulation foam base (and the styrofoam snow on top during the winter) I can stick in the signal with little track nails!

Originally posted by wiley209 - December 31 2020 :  4:20:59 PM

well I found my original one but doesn't hurt to have more than 1

reason I know cause it still has the blinky bulb in it!
  Previous Topic: AOTW: Jan. 3rd - Jan. 9th Topic Next Topic: AOTW December 20 to 26, 2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000