Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Set of the week. (SOTW)
 SOTW: Dec. 27th - Jan 2nd
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SOTW: Jan. 3rd - Jan 9th Topic Next Topic: SOTW: Dec. 20th - Dec. 26th  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 27 2020 :  09:10:29 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
My SOTW offering is this A-B set of AHM New Haven C-Liners.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 29 2020 :  02:58:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Throw down a pic of the B unit, this is really neat. From what little I know of the C Liner,
they came in two arrangements, the 4 wheel bogie twice, and a 4 wheel bogie and 6 wheel
rear bogie. Some of their head end equipment, can't think of what off hand as the designation,
that looked like this above, had an outside third rail pick up, to negotiate the tunnels under
Manhattan. Think it was on a passenger set called the "Speed Merchant."

I took the small profits from the last herd thinning sale (still got the NH Snow Birds, not even
getting watchers and picked up this set of coaches. The came in these generic boxes,
without any markings, and appear to be some sort of AHM product. The roll freely, and have a
interior detail, but I am a little alarmed that the couplers have a very stiff horizontal action,
which will be very troublesome on the 15 inch radii. I'm thinking they might need to be returned
and replaced by more expensive Round House coaches, if I can find them without being too badly
scalped. Replacing these couplers looks like it would be troublesome, and I have not had much
luck with advanced coupler replacement to Kadees. We'll have to check it out.

RP, if you're interested in those Snow Birds, LMK. Might be more actual horsepower than you
want, and maybe a little dinged compared to the mint state pieces that brand EVRR. I'll set the
posting up for 'make offer.'

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 29 2020 :  03:06:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Google Search turned up this, RP, but I suspect you already know a lot on this subject,
given that you actually "wrote the book" on Pennsy Sharks. Me, I know nuthin' except
I was a young guy when the NYNH&H was still player. World's smallest Class I.

The Tyco NH set you gave me is something I much enjoy running.

http://streamlinermemories.info/?p=2283

another interesting article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_Consolidated_line
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - December 29 2020 :  09:04:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Erik might be interested in those cars chops, they are denver and rio grande after all!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 29 2020 :  09:23:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
My SOTW will be my BN train with it's shiny new Gondola and Boxcar. I replaced the boxcar for one with glossy paint, and I wanted the gondola with the yellow magnetic barrels. All I need now is the hopper car.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on December 29 2020 09:24:47 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: March 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 29 2020 :  8:58:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks Chops, for the shout-out, but I'm gonna have to pass on those NH F7's, as I do prefer shells that don't have missing parts (kind of a stickler) and then would just end up replacing the shells with others, that I don't currently have.

Interesting sites, especially the first with history on McGinnis himself, the man behind the flashy NH scheme.

Will get a photo of the B-unit tomorrow morning when I run the trains.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - December 29 2020 :  11:14:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
Erik might be interested in those cars chops, they are denver and rio grande after all!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - December 29 2020 :  09:04:14 AM

I do like those!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 30 2020 :  07:59:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I’m going to try to see if I can make them
stay on the track, I’ll keep you posted.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 30 2020 :  09:16:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Here's some up close shots of the AHM New Haven FM C-Liner B-unit.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 30 2020 :  10:42:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

Here you see a set of twin HObbyline Pennsylvania Railroad Alco FA-1's.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: SOTW: Jan. 3rd - Jan 9th Topic Next Topic: SOTW: Dec. 20th - Dec. 26th  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000