Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 29 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 Repainting old HO Plasticville Fire House for EFD
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Winter scene question Topic Next Topic: Salt Mines of Numidia  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 29 2020 :  6:58:48 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
The Ephrata Fire Department has been housed in this classic red & white Plasticville firehouse forever, so I finally decided to paint the firehouse to be more realistic - simply painting the white parts, brown. I will be detailing the edges a bit better later on, as well as adding a custom sign, but so far so good.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 29 2020 :  11:10:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I always try to spray paint anything I can even if it's a small piece. and best results come from flat paint. For any brushed parts I paint I use the little "crafts" paints from Walmart and they are flat and laydown well. The Testors model car paints and brands alike are enamel based and really hard to make look good. They look clumpy, streaky, and uneven almost all the time. But that's just me, I am one of those that always expects something very good that I have painted. My eye sight is not like it used to be but I can still turn out painted smaller parts.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 30 2020 :  08:30:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
I always try to spray paint anything I can even if it's a small piece. and best results come from flat paint. For any brushed parts I paint I use the little "crafts" paints from Walmart and they are flat and laydown well. The Testors model car paints and brands alike are enamel based and really hard to make look good. They look clumpy, streaky, and uneven almost all the time. But that's just me, I am one of those that always expects something very good that I have painted. My eye sight is not like it used to be but I can still turn out painted smaller parts.

Originally posted by walt-November 29 2020: 11:10:45 PM

I also like using spray paint, as painting in general is not one of my strong suites. I'll wait until the paint dries and then work on the finer details.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 01 2020 :  10:16:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Looks like you are using cake frosting to paint this with. Will be
interested to see the final result!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 01 2020 :  10:18:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Looks like you are using cake frosting to paint this with. Will be
interested to see the final result!!

Originally posted by Chops124-December 01 2020: 10:16:24 AM

LOL, yeah, I'm a bad painter by brush.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - December 02 2020 :  10:53:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
I painted my Plasticville fire house sort of a sand tan and turned it into kind of a municipal vehicle building since I didn't need another fire house. At least not one that undersized.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 02 2020 :  9:34:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
I painted my Plasticville fire house sort of a sand tan and turned it into kind of a municipal vehicle building since I didn't need another fire house. At least not one that undersized.

Originally posted by Gary B-December 02 2020: 10:53:57 AM

I'm sure it came out much better than mine did.

Oh well, I already wanted to replace the firehouse anyway, so I figured I'd try painting it first, but considering my poor painting skills, the Ephrata Fire Department is now getting approval from town council to build a new, larger firehouse.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 03 2020 :  01:47:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Municipal building, I see now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Winter scene question Topic Next Topic: Salt Mines of Numidia  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000