Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Tyco Grand Trunk ALCO C430 found, and destroyed!?!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO CHROME Milwaukee Route E7 video Topic Next Topic: Stress testing  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 15 2020 :  08:18:23 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Some of you may remember me announcing how I finally got the Tyco Grand Trunk Alco C430, at a decent price and in need of some work, under the "RETRO TYCO" thread. Well, the package arrived in the mail yesterday, and long story short, the post office destroyed it. Both trucks were popped out of the shell, the front truck cover under-piece was broken, and the weight was broken. Luckily, I have the parts and knowledge to fix this, but this is yet another testimony of USPS damage along with seller's poor packaging, as these locos were only wrapped in a napkin. :( I have already messaged the seller regarding this issue.

Stay tuned for the complete restoration.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on November 15 2020 08:19:56 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 15 2020 :  08:49:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
If you want to send the shell out to me, I could probably repair the chipped rear paintwork. I may even have a handrail set to apply...
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 15 2020 :  09:26:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I was just about to mention the rear red paint. First a GN, now a GT?? This is not a good month for rare tyco's
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 15 2020 :  10:44:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Thankfully that should be fixable. that is unfortunate that it was packaged so poorly
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 15 2020 :  8:39:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I believe the that USPS gets blamed for a lot of stuff that is just packaged poorly. If everyone expects the postal service to baby millions of packages a day I don't think it's going to happen! Unless the box is crushed, I can not blame the postal service for the damage...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 15 2020 :  11:05:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Probably so, Walt, I've certainly cursed out USPS, but when I find
tread marks, what appears to be a tire pattern, torn packaging,
and things that simply vanish I am disgruntled. Napkins for
packaging doesn't sound good, though. Rotten shame had to be
a Trunk. I mailed a Mantual 10 Wheeler across town, wrapped
appropriately, I thought. Wished I had hand delivered it, afterward.
Ended up giving the buyer a refund out of pocket.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 16 2020 :  03:17:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
Probably so, Walt, I've certainly cursed out USPS, but when I find
tread marks, what appears to be a tire pattern, torn packaging,
and things that simply vanish I am disgruntled. Napkins for
packaging doesn't sound good, though. Rotten shame had to be
a Trunk. I mailed a Mantual 10 Wheeler across town, wrapped
appropriately, I thought. Wished I had hand delivered it, afterward.
Ended up giving the buyer a refund out of pocket.

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 15 2020 :  11:05:40 PM

Yes, Chops! It's heart breaking for me to see that those two uncommon Tyco engines were broken during shipping. It's not like the common Santa Fe piece getting busted where you can buy another one the same day... I'm not saying that the USPS doesn't destroy pieces because they handle things rough. So much of this could be avoided...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 16 2020 :  09:05:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
My Tyco GT C430 is now fully operationally restored!

Turned out the reason why the PT truck assembly in the C430 wasn't running is because someone connected the 2 wires to the same contact plate.....and probably toasted the motor. So, I used the functioning PT trucks from the Conrail F9, slapped on the Alco truck covers, glued on new horns, installed 2 new couplers, and now it is running once again.

Thank you for the offer, Aaron, however the blue on the base of the locomotive is also chipped below the red chipping....and being the Tyco Purist I am, I'm fine with leaving it alone.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - November 16 2020 :  09:10:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
That looks good glad that you could fix it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 16 2020 :  09:49:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Violation: no handrails
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 16 2020 :  1:52:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
yes! get it some handrails!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 17 2020 :  08:40:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks!

You know, that reminds me...back when I first got into HO-Scale trains, I thought it looked dumb that some Tyco diesel locos didn't have handrails. Now, I really don't mind that much.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 17 2020 :  09:30:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
It bothers the ever living BLARX out of me that they didn't have handrails, so I spend fat stacks finding handrails for them.
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 17 2020 :  09:47:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I've got an undecorated tyco 430 on ebay with a handrail set....

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 17 2020 :  3:50:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I won't buy an engine without handrails on it

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 17 2020 :  9:13:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I won't buy an engine without handrails on it

Originally posted by walt - November 17 2020 :  3:50:05 PM

/
oh bleah I will & have a few times
Course do need handrails for my Durango loco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 18 2020 :  12:56:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Like I said , I have only had a large bird cage destroyed by UPS and I swear it looked like a train had hit it!! Or either it came UPS AIR freight and they dropped it out of the plane into my yard!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 18 2020 :  03:22:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I use “air†handrails, like air catenary or air guitar.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 18 2020 :  07:42:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
haha!

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - November 18 2020 :  09:16:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
I'll buy locomotive that doesn't have handrails but I'll usually try to find some replacement but it annoys me when they don't have them
  Previous Topic: TYCO CHROME Milwaukee Route E7 video Topic Next Topic: Stress testing  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000