Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 looking for uncouplers for parts
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Athearn BB, Tyco NH lot, Tyco Old Timer lot, more Topic Next Topic: Locos For Sale  

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - November 07 2020 :  2:42:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
see my other thread about designing 3d printable tyco hooks

looking for uncoupler units

does not have to be a complete set just looking for either the track with the uncoupler, or the stand alone uncoupler meant to be attached to a track. any brand that works with the tyco horn hooks
I take it these are all compatible?
tyco 921
LIONEL HO 0919 RERAILER & UNCOUPLER
Atlas HO scale #49 Brass Straight Dead End Uncoupler Track

does not have to be mint, or even working. I don't even need it permanently, just long enough to measure, design, print, test and adjust
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 07 2020 :  3:46:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I might have one left. This is a video of it in action:

https://youtu.be/zDOs3WehlPU

Works, after a fashion.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - November 07 2020 :  5:16:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
looks like it is in use chops, I'd prefer to not have anyone tear up their track inthe name of research
:)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 07 2020 :  6:52:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
No, that was done a couple of years ago. Since then I've removed the
uncoupling pins whenever possible. The couplers have a tendency to
sag and catch on guide rails in turnouts.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 08 2020 :  12:26:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I didn’t find the uncuoplbut I found two extension plates that I will drop in the mail.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 08 2020 :  10:02:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Pretty sure it was Atlas firs At any rate I may have one
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1060  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 08 2020 :  3:52:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Aren't they the same as any track uncoupler for X2F style couplers or are you talking about Lionel O gauge uncoupler?
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 08 2020 :  4:08:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The ones I sent you ever get there?

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - December 12 2020 :  10:22:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
just an update
got distracted
still working on this
I just got sick of having to dig thru tools to get to other things so I was designing tool organizers
Thanks chops for the uncouplers, they gave me some good measurements
sadly, it looks like the uncouplers design I want doesn't exists, so I gotta design my own

which I got far enough to realize that i'd need to use a raised track or track on a bed. it's a two-stage cam design. 1st stage raises the uncoupler arms, the 2nd stage bring them together to push the hooks apart

as a version 1 I am letting it sit for a bit, and see if my subconscious can come up with a simpler design, mainly because I need /want it to use a turnout motor(solenoid)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Athearn BB, Tyco NH lot, Tyco Old Timer lot, more Topic Next Topic: Locos For Sale  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000