Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW October 25 -31, 2020
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW November 1 to 7, 2020 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: Oct. 18th - Oct. 24th  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - October 25 2020 :  10:59:40 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
My AOTW this week will be two small additions. Both were part of the Tyco Trackside Accessories kit. The first is the Trackside Junction Box, which looks quite nice. The superglue I used gave it a very nice weathered look, which the silver paint accented perfectly. I also built the handcar that came with the kit, and painted it up in the same paint scheme as the box showed, using some leftover safety stripes from the Rail-Truck Terminal on the ends, and since I broke the little handsaw that came with the kit, I added the pickaxe and shovel instead. For two small Tyco Items, I feel they will look quite nice on a future layout

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 25 2020 :  11:31:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Those look incredible!

My AOTW offering are these laser-cut wooden oil derrick kits I found on Ebay at a pretty good price, assembled, and then spray-painted red. They now a part of the Southern Oil Company which has struck oil on the outskirts of Ephrata.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 25 2020 11:32:34 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 25 2020 :  11:45:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow! Great stuff gentlemen! Those oil derricks are crazy cool and
harken back to Pennsylvania's premiere role as an oil producer.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 25 2020 :  11:52:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Wow! Great stuff gentlemen! Those oil derricks are crazy cool and
harken back to Pennsylvania's premiere role as an oil producer.

Originally posted by Chops124-October 25 2020: 11:45:54 AM

Thanks Chops. That was the goal.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 26 2020 :  04:16:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The only piece of track on my table that is not Atlas. This double crossover is made by Shinohara. I saw this piece and knew I had to have it..
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 26 2020 :  6:33:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Some Victorian era people from Prieser make the scene come to life on British layout "Henley."

Those Shinora double slips are quite nice. I installed one on a Club switching module
and was pleasantly surprised how trouble free and effective it was. I hope you get
a chance to install it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 26 2020 :  10:05:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Hey, Chops! I had purchased the crossover a few years ago, and had to install it instantly when it came! I love it!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 27 2020 :  4:56:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I got this in the mail today & will go great with the Sears boxcar I have

will have a friend help me copy those boxes to stuff my Sears boxcar with
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - October 28 2020 :  10:05:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
I think this might be applicable here

finally pulled myself away from the trains to do a little design work

googled a railroad tie dimensions, then made a HO scaled one
added two more for uprights, and another for a crossbar at the google recommended height of 1005mm(scale adjusted) for buffer height
then laid tow more next to where the rails would be, then two more at an angle to brace the uprights

then I took my cyber chainsaw and cut the two uprights short, just by eye, no advanced calculations

dumped it into the printer converter, which gave me this. places buffer side down to make it easy to print. price is a little high, as I try to factor in plastic and electricity, maybe more pics in a half hour.

beats popsicle sticks

edit, added, needs work, but very good for 1st attempt
click for detail

Edited by - tater1337 on October 28 2020 10:58:50 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Locodub
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 28 2020 :  10:31:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Locodub to Buddylist
I've liked the idea of 3D printing items for the scale world for a long time. Nice work on that buffer! How is the object to work with once it is printed? I've seen some printed objects that are pretty "grainy" and would need a good bit of sanding and touch up before painting.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 87  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - October 28 2020 :  11:04:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
quote:
I've liked the idea of 3D printing items for the scale world for a long time. Nice work on that buffer! How is the object to work with once it is printed? I've seen some printed objects that are pretty "grainy" and would need a good bit of sanding and touch up before painting.

Originally posted by Locodub - October 28 2020 :  10:31:42 PM

see edited post, it could be better

I could also printing it at a finer resolution, but making the resolution twice as fine doubles the print time. for a 30 minute print that is not an issue, but something like a well car can make it from 8 hours to 16 hours

or I could break down and get a resin printer which boosts resolution by a factor of (about) 4
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Locodub
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 28 2020 :  11:17:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Locodub to Buddylist
That looks great! I could see doubling the print time could be an issue with an already long print time.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 87  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 28 2020 :  11:23:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I am impressed. Very cutting edge, and it looks splendid. Busss, that is totally cool, and I am totally jelly for your Sear’s boxcar!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 29 2020 :  08:57:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Impressive!

Previous Topic: AOTW November 1 to 7, 2020 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: Oct. 18th - Oct. 24th  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000