Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 My passenger sets toptrain
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I thawt I saw a puddy dat... Topic Next Topic: another fantasy railroad idea  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  2:29:07 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Having enough passenger train sets may be an impossible task for me to achieve. Mine aren't the limit run type recently seen requiring pre-ordering, and pre-payment for a very high priced limited-run set that wasn't even released yet. Mine are nice sets I acquired from friends or you find when walking around at train shows. I have forgotten the manufacture's names for a lot of them. Anyone here for a while has seen many of my sets especially the Tyco-Mantua ones. Some of these were old-timer sets that used either The General, Dixey Bell, whatever the other 10 wheeler was called, the 4-8-0, 4-6-2, and some F7-9 diesel's. These Tyco-Mantua ones are all well displayed here in the TYCO forum. Here I'll just show the ones tucked away in 6 of 7 boxes in either my basement or attic. I'mmmmmm just going to post photos on my incomplete present layout. Two members here in particular will recognize some of the sets. One because they came from him. The other because he most likely has them all in his own very large collection. I still call them my friends and worry about them and their families. If I really remember who made the train sets I will add that. But you will at times just see photos. I hope you enjoy looking at trains. I know I do! I also hope my photography will improve.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on October 10 2020 11:40:55 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  2:39:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
1- first a British-made set with a 4-6-2 Princess Royal powered pulling some very nice Pullmans passenger cars. Made by Tri-ang.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  2:47:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
2nd is a Penn Line/Varney B&O Heavyweight set.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  2:55:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
3rd, A small Penn-Line PRR Heavyweight set. There are more cars for this set. They are somewhere in the other 5 or 6 boxes.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 09 2020 3:02:40 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  3:01:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
4th set Another PRR streamlined set made by 2 companies. One is Alcoa. I think the observation is a Rivarossi.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 09 2020 4:32:39 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  3:19:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
5th set a Lima blue Rheingold set.

6th set is a Lima red Rheingold set

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  3:58:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
7th set Is Model Power PRR streamline passenger cars made by Franchise in Brazil.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  4:03:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
8th set is Fleischmann double-deck cars.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  4:13:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
9th set is Tyco Burlington's streamlined set.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 09 2020 :  4:27:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
10th set is a 10 car set of Extruded Aluminum cars made by Kasiner. I need a few more photos to show this set
frank

toptrain

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 09 2020 :  8:21:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Very nice as always Frank. I remember some of your sets on the previous layout.
Even on your basement layout years ago shown in your photos.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5977  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 09 2020 :  8:58:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Ben says; awesome!

oh, this thread was locked earlier but I bet that was in error.
Ben, No error, I lock it while posting the sets. I am hurrying but still to dig out the cars, set them on the layout for photos, then put them away without breaking off too many things takes a lot of time. In the next few days, I'll dig some more out, then get them up to the attic and take pictures. Then post them. While I am posting them the thread will be locked to put the next 10 in and keep them together. Once all done I will open the thread for viewing. I don't really check the photos right away but some not until I am trying to post them. The organization of things is something that gets worse as one gets older, along with agility, memory, increased trips to the restroom, and various other things I won't mention here.

frank

Edited by - toptrain on October 10 2020 10:35:25 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 10 2020 :  10:12:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Wow! You have some awesome sets, Frank! I really love those Lima Reingold Sets, led by my favorite German loco - the DB electric Class 103.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 11 2020 :  12:50:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Fabulous!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - October 12 2020 :  10:57:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Great passenger sets! I really like the aluminum set. The Burlington I had as a kid. I think it was the last set added to my layout at Christmas after taking the Zephyr to Denver. Good memories. I've been organizing my rolling stock and expect to get some passenger consists up and running soon. Burlington, CNW Great Northern and a couple of old timer sets.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  4:33:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Time to put in 8 more passenger sets. The First will be a B&O Penn-Line Heavyweight set. I only have one photo for this one as the photo of the rear of the train didn't come out.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  4:35:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Time to put in 8 more passenger sets. The First will be a B&O Penn-Line streamlined set. I only have one photo for this one as the photo of the rear of the train didn't come out.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 12 2020 4:36:36 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  4:40:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The next set is a CNJ set I painted and lettered in a dark Pullman green. I only have one photo for this set. The power is one of my Liliput 4-6-4 Hudson tankers I redid as CNJ.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 12 2020 4:42:45 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  4:47:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My third set in this group of 8 is another CNJ heavyweight set of Penn-Line and maybe Varney passenger cars. this time painted in Coach Green. This time the head-end photo of the set didn't come out. My 6-year-old grandson is my helper today.

frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  4:53:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Net up is an Athearn B&O Heavyweight passenger set pulled by an Athearn B&O GP9.

frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  5:18:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Next up is a TYCO PRR streamlined set. Just the 3 car set the way they came. The locomotive seen is a Front Range GP7.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 12 2020 5:20:51 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  5:25:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This next set is a Pennsy Commuter train extra powered by an Atlas Alco S2. Two more coaches, one combine and 2 full baggage cars make up this US Mail special.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 12 2020 5:26:57 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  5:31:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Next is a Jouef intercity passenger train powered by a Hornby Dublo French electric locomotive.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 12 2020 :  5:43:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Another set and the last of this group of 8 I wish to share with you is a real special Passenger train. The consist is 7 streamlined passenger cars an all-aluminum and steel, passenger set, made by the American Toy Train Company. It is pulled by a speedy Sir Nigel Grizley streamlined A4 Pacific of the London North East Railway. It is #2512 "The Silver Fox.
frank

toptrain

Previous Topic: I thawt I saw a puddy dat... Topic Next Topic: another fantasy railroad idea  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000