Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 Built an Arbour Models 2-8-4!!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Repairing an old Fleischmann electric Topic Next Topic: IHC Mini Movers HO  

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - October 08 2020 :  11:15:50 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
Here's a project that took only 5 years to finish! I'm sure some of you have already seen a lot of it, but I wanted to put it all together into one post for you all.

Convenient playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8GVTUAlsHQ&list=PLGNF7CDM9aN6tbjdjqW4hNFSj8JTwge6C

And a photo gallery!

It may not look as good as some of my other kits, but considering what it is, I'm happy with how it turned out. It's definitely a relief to be finished though! There are still some things here and there that could be better, but I'll take care of all that later. I'll also figure out a coal load eventually. As of right now though, I'm done!

Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 235  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 09 2020 :  12:31:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Most interesting that you would deliberately seek out a piece
notorious, as you say, for its poor fit and sub par materials.
None the less, your excellent video makes it look like Bob
Ross, filing by the numbers! Clearly, you made something
fabulous out of something a bit sketchy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 09 2020 :  07:30:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 09 2020 :  07:59:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Awesome to see photos Darth! (Its Blaxland Ridge3)

Now you gotta do that russian engine!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - October 09 2020 :  2:47:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
quote:
Awesome to see photos Darth! (Its Blaxland Ridge3)

Now you gotta do that russian engine!!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - October 09 2020 :  07:59:06 AM

Sending you a PM about that now! I don’t know how long it will take to complete, but I’ll give it a shot sometime!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 235  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 09 2020 :  9:30:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Do you scratch build, as well? I see you painted those
dazzling chromed drivers, as well.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 09 2020 :  9:44:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Gorgeous build, Darth! Great job!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - October 09 2020 :  9:53:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
thats really neat
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - October 10 2020 :  12:27:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
fantastic work and great videos,you must have the patience of a saint,ken
catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - October 10 2020 :  5:46:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
Thanks all! this definitely took a ton of patience, but it was worth it!

quote:
Do you scratch build, as well? I see you painted those
dazzling chromed drivers, as well.

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 09 2020 :  9:30:28 PM

I've built some replacement mechanisms and things like that from scratch, but for full projects, I prefer to do kits. The chrome might look more interesting unpainted and shining on a Tyco or old Bachmann model, but since I was going for a more realistic look, they needed to be painted.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 235  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Repairing an old Fleischmann electric Topic Next Topic: IHC Mini Movers HO  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000