Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Bachmann Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 was this intentional?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bachmann Seaboard System SD40-2 #8130 Topic Next Topic: what the heck is this?  

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - August 21 2020 :  8:20:46 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
So the older bachmann f9 shells have this thing on the fuel tank where it looks like there is a little chip of the shell missing. I know it isn't missing though because they are all like this look at the fuel tank in this pic that I found

I don't think this is what f9s look like in real life. was it just the way that these are molded? or was it a mistake that was not fixed?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 21 2020 :  8:25:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I wondered the same exact thing myself, but yes it is.

Some F units didn't have that skirting, and just had the fuel cap and filler valve exposed. Since these parts are usually molded onto that skirt, bachmann just decided to make portions of the skirt around them.

But since it looks like a chunk is missing, why didn't bachmann just go full skirt

bachmann is weird sometimes.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - August 21 2020 :  8:46:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
I wondered the same exact thing myself, but yes it is.

Some F units didn't have that skirting, and just had the fuel cap and filler valve exposed. Since these parts are usually molded onto that skirt, bachmann just decided to make portions of the skirt around them.

But since it looks like a chunk is missing, why didn't bachmann just go full skirt

bachmann is weird sometimes.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - August 21 2020 :  8:25:15 PM

yes they can be weird check out this toy man tv video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIZRcN3cLg
He says that they used bachmann drives and if you look at the model it has the same chip missing
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 22 2020 :  09:08:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
All of those F9s had the partial skirt thing until they retooled it.

It looks like it's broken, but it isn't.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - August 22 2020 :  10:02:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
All of those F9s had the partial skirt thing until they retooled it.

It looks like it's broken, but it isn't.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - August 22 2020 :  09:08:14 AM

yeah the first time I saw one I thought there was peace broken off of it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Crown Vic
Little Six

Posted - August 22 2020 :  10:35:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Crown Vic to Buddylist
Take a look on Google Images, there are a bunch of prototypes that have similar skirting.

Pretty common, as was no skirting at all.

Full skirting was the real rarity.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 101  ~  Member Since: June 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 22 2020 :  3:26:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Always wondered that too, but Crown Vic is right. Wow - Bachmann got it right in a way..
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 22 2020 :  3:59:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Always wondered that too, but Crown Vic is right. Wow - Bachmann got it right in a way..

Originally posted by RP model railroads - August 22 2020 :  3:26:10 PM

yeah, I suppose they did!

Although the windows on those older F9s are waayyyy too large!
  Previous Topic: Bachmann Seaboard System SD40-2 #8130 Topic Next Topic: what the heck is this?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000