Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 New Day in Armadilloville
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Destructive Billy Topic Next Topic: See More of Britain: II  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 21 2020 :  06:57:58 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Having rebuilt Armodilloville, maybe this is the 12th version, maybe more, I lit it up last evening
and to my lasting astonishment, it actually worked, even with some of my most persnickity
trains, such as the powered Varney Aerotrain. Simplifying the overall design really did help,
even though with all the structures crammed in, it looks quite large. This I learned by
watching RP's Alpine Valley and especially the Ephrates Valley Railroad.

Suffice to say, I may take you up, RP, on doing more with the WS cover. Initially, it was my intent to
use green sawdust, in fact I went so far as to dye my own, to get that Total Tyco look, but
I am beginning to think that might have a stronger visual. Also, I always liked the fallen
leaves painting your track way; that is a beautiful touch.

Anyways, I'm continuing to fight with, and learn Windows 10, and a few things more with Filmora.
The upgrade requires quite a few more steps than what I am used to, and this is not a pleasure
for me. I don't like playing hide-n-go-seek with these new programs. What is becoming increasingly
clear to me, is that a lot of the techs in Apple stores and on line have no more idea how to fix
stuff than I do. They are just more proficient at clicking on buttons. I do that, and entire
files disappear. Especially at Apple, and the other phone stores, if they can't fix it after a
cursory once over, they move right into to trying to upsell the latest device.

As MacBeth says, "(Argh), throw physic to the dogs, I'll none of it!" Unlike MacBeth, another program
has taken over my computer, making it harder to look things up and throwing me a jillion ads,
even worse than before.

Anyways, for those of you suffering modern complaints, here is the latest edition of Armodilloville,
having torn it down, and rebuilt it. There is a red wire to one rail, and black to the other. That's it.
That's all I ever care to do.

https://youtu.be/gEH3TtQ7vLo

Edited by - Chops124 on July 21 2020 07:01:34 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 21 2020 :  08:43:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Looking good!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - July 21 2020 :  12:48:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
The layout's looking good, as it that Alco PA. It looks like your struggles with video software are paying off. This time around, the video fills as much of the screen as possible, so whatever was letterboxing some of the previous ones down to a small horizontal image across a narrow vertical image across a horizontal screen has been conquered. Nice work all around!
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - July 21 2020 :  7:20:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
Nice looking layout; I enjoyed the video!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 21 2020 :  9:45:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great video! Love the new video style, also - more up-close train action!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Destructive Billy Topic Next Topic: See More of Britain: II  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000