Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 AHM/Rivarossi Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 AHM Pennsylvania RR GG1 #4907
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AHM 0-6-0T Topic Next Topic: some questions about my new y6b  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 20 2020 :  07:59:52 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
You might be wondering, why is an AHM GG1 running on RETRO TYCO? Well, that's because my AHM Pennsy GG1 #4907, as well as 8 elegant Athearn BlueBox PRR passenger coaches, have been sitting in their boxes for a long time now, awaiting the day when they would have a layout large enough to run on. The Ephrata Valley Railroad, being 4' x 4', has too many tight turns for the GG1 to handle, thus why it hasn't been featured in a video yet...until now! Enjoy this impressive Pennsylvania RR passenger train run on RETRO TYCO (yes, the GG1's pantographs are down due to low clearance with some Tyco accessories.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fObNJNu23Zs

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 20 2020 :  08:14:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is a beautiful rake, RP, and rarely done in that style.
Really has a 1930's ambience. I think we can break the rules
for that one!! Thanks for posting.

Edited by - Chops124 on July 20 2020 08:14:36 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 20 2020 :  08:42:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I agree 100%. Perhaps you could make a kadee and DCC exception for this one for a club....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 20 2020 :  09:53:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks guys!! Alex...might have to debate on that one, because no matter what, I'll always love horn hook (or professionally known as X24f or something) over any other coupler type -- except maybe loop n' hooks.

A little backstory here - this GG1 was bought, along with 2 AHM Pennsy GG1s, from a seller at the Greenbergs Great Train & Toy Show, I believe in January 2019. It has sat in its box since I acquired it, and will go back in it, until a larger layout is built.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 20 2020 :  12:17:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Phew, I thought I was the only one that favored horn hooks.
Also, I favor the loop and hooks, they were just about
invincible for reliablity.

Kadees have a large following, but keeping them
adjusted and installing them is a full time job.
Those tiny brass springs make great projectiles.
Great for a lot of folks, but I have not the eyesight,
patience, or steady hand to fool with those things.

The new protypically sized Kadees are even harder.
Now they got magnetically coupling air hoses to
boot. Alrighty. Have at 'em.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 20 2020 :  12:29:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Kadees aren't as hard as you might think, unless that's your experience. The springs can be tricky though. As long as they are at the right height and have centering springs, they work as well as any horn hook.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AHM 0-6-0T Topic Next Topic: some questions about my new y6b  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000