Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 Uploading to Youtube
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 4-6-2 Pacific B&O 212B.2800 Topic Next Topic: Bus troubles  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 13 2020 :  7:02:39 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I am lost in Youtubeland. Never had much trouble before, but now I've got trouble. And there is no
customer service support, just yards of gibberish about value tokens and url redirects. I tried to Google
my question, and got a "no answer" reply.

Simply,

1. I used to make a video on Wondershare and then export it to Youtube. Simple.

2. Then the video would appear on the Channel Video of Youtube. I've got like 250 videos there. Simple.

3. I would then simply copy the URL address and that was the end of it, short of pasting the URL into the Forum. Simple.

OK, my first problem was that the format got bumped off "MP 4," which prevented step #1.

Now that is fixed, the file goes into my computer instead of direct into Channel Videos. There are twelve options for export, such as "Apple TV, Generic Android Device, Smart Phone, etc" and none of them put my video into Channel Videos and other's won't work at all.

Any ideas how to correct this, back to the way it was, as in step #2?

I don't want to pay Vimeo what I can do for free.

Edited by - Chops124 on July 13 2020 7:03:56 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 13 2020 :  7:35:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I sign in to my YouTube channel. When I want to upload one of my videos from my phone I just click on that particular video.

When the upload is finished and in my YouTube channel I just copy the codes and put it on one of the TF threads.

I suspect your computer should have a similar function.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - July 13 2020 :  7:41:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
My Windows 10 came with a program called "Photo". I use that to edit video clips into a finished video. I think it either always saves as MP4 or at least allows that as an option you specify.

Are you good with being able to load an MP4 to Youtube, if you have it on the computer?

I have a program called "Format Factory" on my computer. It's a free download from the internet. If the video format from your phone is not one Photo recognizes, perhaps Format Factory would.

Naturally, there's a learning curve whenever you use new software. Photo wasn't real bad for me because I only use a few of the simplest functions, but with some tinkering, you might be able to figure out how to do what you want.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 13 2020 :  7:42:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I do not know if you posted your latest video on TF.
I can do it for you. Let me know if you already posted this.

Video courtesy of Chops124.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 13 2020 :  7:50:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Noooo, this is not the problem, thank for the help, anyhows, It's getting the Channel Video to default the way it used to.

I found that I can drag and drop the completed video from the C Drive
into youtube, a cumbersome process, but may be my only solution
until I sort this out.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 13 2020 :  10:18:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
So, basically, you are trying to send your videos to your computer/YouTube channel page, from your phone, right?

Are you able to sign-in to your email on your phone? If so, can't you just upload your videos in an email and email yourself? Then you could open the email on your computer, download and edit there, and then upload to YouTube.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 14 2020 :  01:43:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Not really, RP. I take a bunch of video and photos to the phone,
from the phone to the desk top computer to a film editor called
Wondershare frome Wondershare, once edited, it used to upload
directly to youtube, but no longer does that.

BTW, a 3 1/2 minute video usually takes about two or three
hours to shoot.

I have never occasioned to upload from a phone directly to
youtube.

Edited by - Chops124 on July 14 2020 01:44:22 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 14 2020 :  10:16:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I believe I know what you mean. Basically (If I understand correctly) when you finish a video with wondershare, you have the option to export it directly to YouTube as long as a correct channel URL is present. There is the same option on iMovie, but I never use it. I simply export it as a file to my computer(which is what you are saying is happening) and then I load up YouTube and just upload it there. I'm not sure why that feature would stop working, but I would just do the YouTube upload way.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 14 2020 :  2:39:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I always just saved the videos from the editor to somewhere on my computer. Then open YouTube in my browser, click upload, and select the video. It sounds like your issue is with Wondershare, not YouTube. You probably need to update Wondershare's settings with your YouTube channel.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 14 2020 :  3:59:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
I always just saved the videos from the editor to somewhere on my computer. Then open YouTube in my browser, click upload, and select the video. It sounds like your issue is with Wondershare, not YouTube. You probably need to update Wondershare's settings with your YouTube channel.

Originally posted by DaCheez - July 14 2020 :  2:39:42 PM

That just about perfectly sums it up. That's how I've done it as well for years.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 14 2020 :  4:03:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wondershare used to default to youtube, for the last 250 videos, but
somehow I changed the default and cannot find my way back for
love or money. Maybe Wondershare has tech support, youtube's
FAQ's leave me stunned. Like swimming in Lake Pleasant, Arizona.
Soon to be renamed Lake Unpleasant.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 14 2020 :  6:19:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Wondershare used to default to youtube, for the last 250 videos, but
somehow I changed the default and cannot find my way back for
love or money. Maybe Wondershare has tech support, youtube's
FAQ's leave me stunned. Like swimming in Lake Pleasant, Arizona.
Soon to be renamed Lake Unpleasant.

Originally posted by Chops124 - July 14 2020 :  4:03:27 PM

These mobile apps almost never have support. Did it update or something?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 14 2020 :  7:29:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
You tube updated it's creator studio twice, the second time knocking
me off so I had to go out and buy Wondershare. I believe perhaps
I inadvertently clicked a tab, and that tab could be right in front of me,
or as many things digital, buried in overlays of other tabs and sub
sections.

I took three tries with a Google rep, probably a bot, and an hour
with a Hello Tech rep on line to discover the reason the Pixel XL
phone wasn't transmitting to the PC was because it had a
tab called Data Transfer in the off position. And, it automatically
defaults to off every time I plug in the USB. And actually, it
wasn't the Hello Tech rep that noticed the off position, it was
me, by a mere chance. Too boot, sometimes you have to
search the USB Device tab because it won't show up, so
one would never even know it existed unless one knew
precisely what one was looking for.

Having a virtual train show on my key board is a
delightful invention. However, when this stuff goes
wrong, it's so much harder than soldering a loose wire.

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - July 15 2020 :  12:07:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Recently Youtube completely cut off all support for Youtube creator and switched Youtube studio. Your settings for creator may not be compatible with studio. I always export the file to my computer then upload with studio.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 15 2020 :  04:26:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
You know, maybe that’s it? Wondershare finally
got back to me and sent me a link for their update.
If it doesn’t work, perhaps I will do what you said,
or try one of these free video editors, maybe the one
you use, RP, on windows 10?

Ah, yes Chops, use the video editor on Win 10. Just
saw the tutorial, and it would be a whole lot simpler.
Tech support in Hong Kong did not have a clue. Why am
I paying them when it is a free feature on 10?

I may be limited to what music I can upload, of
which I do to interest potential consumers, but may
be seen as copyright infringement.

Edited by - Chops124 on July 15 2020 04:43:48 AM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 15 2020 :  4:05:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Chops, I use Windows Movie Maker, the 2012 "Classic" version, on my Windows 10 laptop and have never had any issues with it. It is easy to use and has quite a few editing options available, as well as the ability to automatically upload to YouTube. I totally recommend this to anyone!!

Here is a safe download version:
https://www.topwin-movie-maker.com/tutorials_how_to_download_windows_movie_maker_2012.html

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 15 2020 :  5:31:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thank you!!
  Previous Topic: 4-6-2 Pacific B&O 212B.2800 Topic Next Topic: Bus troubles  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000