Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Birthday haul
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bachmann F Unit Pulling Capacity Topic Next Topic: Srenchin Videos  

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - July 13 2020 :  09:58:48 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Here is a video of the stuff that got for my 13th birthday on July 4th
https://youtu.be/agiPN8KOBGI
I got a great northern box car a Denver Rio grande engineer hat an unlettered rivarossi/ahm y6b 2-8-8-2 and a rivarossi/ahm big boy! I also got some d&rgw decals for the 2-8-8-2 and an ho scale house kit that I received after I made this video.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 13 2020 :  10:40:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Wow, that is quite the haul! TWO Rivarossi articulateds!!? Holy smokes!! Happy belated birthday!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - July 13 2020 :  11:50:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
Wow, that is quite the haul! TWO Rivarossi articulateds!!? Holy smokes!! Happy belated birthday!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - July 13 2020 :  10:40:24 AM

thanks so much!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 13 2020 :  12:09:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Np

I would make the big boy's smokebox and firebox silver, and do the same for the y6b but with a graphite color it would add some color variation.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - July 13 2020 :  12:47:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
Np

I would make the big boy's smokebox and firebox silver, and do the same for the y6b but with a graphite color it would add some color variation.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - July 13 2020 :  12:09:45 PM

yes I might do that it would look nice
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - July 13 2020 :  1:08:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Happy belated birthday.

You did get some nice stuff. Keep them in good repair and they'll last a lifetime. Many of us are still running things we got when we were much younger.

This site is a good resource so if you have questions about painting and/or decaling advice or techniques, don't be afraid to ask.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 13 2020 :  2:24:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
Np

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - July 13 2020 :  12:09:45 PM

yes I might do that it would look nice

Originally posted by Erik The Train Nerd - July 13 2020 :  12:47:11 PM

Nice! As rojo grande said, if ya need any tips just ask. I'm pretty good with cosmetic upgrades.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 13 2020 :  2:34:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A great video, you will really be amazed by it ten, twenty, thirty
years from now.

As to the smoke, we assume that you added a few drops of
smoke oil to the exhaust stack?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 13 2020 :  4:29:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
years from now.

Originally posted by Chops124 - July 13 2020 :  2:34:22 PM

I would assume so.

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - July 13 2020 :  8:14:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
years from now.

Originally posted by Chops124 - July 13 2020 :  2:34:22 PM

yes I did but nothing came out I think I might have seen a teeny wisp of smoke when I was running it on my birthday so I put some smoke fluid in but It did nothing Then I opened it up and saw that one of the wires to the smoke unit had come disconnected I was not sure where to solder the wire back on but I thought I might have seen a small solder blob in the middle of the bottom of the smoke unit so I soldered it there but nothing happend then someone told me to solder it directly to the other side of the smoke unit so I did that but nothing happend so I have had it turned off whenever I have ran It recently.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 13 2020 :  10:00:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Congrats! Those are some nice additions to your collection, I'm sure!

I'm really stunned by the detail of both of those steamers....AHM/Rivarossi did hands-down a fantastic job with both of them.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 14 2020 :  2:25:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's a sweet haul! Happy birthday! Regarding the smoke unit, not all smoke fluid is created equal. I have a handful of Mehano engines with smoke units that only ever worked with the original fluid they came with. The stuff the hobby shop sold wouldn't generate smoke. It's a fun novelty, but it does get old having to constantly add fluid.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3324  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - July 14 2020 :  8:03:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Ah to be 13 again! Believe it out not those are the same locmotives I wanted when I was your age over half a century ago. (and I still don't have them!) Happy birthday, you're a lucky kid.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: May 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Bachmann F Unit Pulling Capacity Topic Next Topic: Srenchin Videos  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000