Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 4 ]  [ Total: 4 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Help with Sky Backdrops
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Welcome to  Topic Next Topic: My New Setup  

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 24 2020 :  11:23:50 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
The table is done, things are arranged, I'm ready to start filming. However my old backdrops (Some trifolds painted blue) are toast. I think the best solution would be to get a large canvas, and staple it to the back portion, then paint it. Thoughts? Ideas? I really want to get going!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 25 2020 :  12:36:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sounds like the canvas would be just fine. I used thin plywood screwed to the edge of the table frame. I was surprised how easy it was to add a few spray painted clouds. I a sure you’ve
thought about commercial back drops, which require some careful fiddling on a solid plywood, eg, if you can afford them.
Trailer 2 was great and we all look forward to your next video.
Sign me up for a Blaxland box car, too!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 25 2020 :  09:05:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Sounds like the canvas would be just fine. I used thin plywood screwed to the edge of the table frame. I was surprised how easy it was to add a few spray painted clouds. I a sure you’ve
thought about commercial back drops, which require some careful fiddling on a solid plywood, eg, if you can afford them.
Trailer 2 was great and we all look forward to your next video.
Sign me up for a Blaxland box car, too!!

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 25 2020 :  12:36:15 AM

Once I get to a train show I promise I'll make some boxcars for sale!

I ended up tacking the grungy trifolds to the table. I'm going out to get some more today so I can have the entire back of the table covered.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 25 2020 :  10:34:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I never thought of trifolds. I think I'll do that to Armodilloville.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 25 2020 :  11:37:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
I never thought of trifolds. I think I'll do that to Armodilloville.

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 25 2020 :  10:34:35 AM

Then I paint them with sky blue paint. Warps them, but when tacked on to the table it isn't as noticeable.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 25 2020 :  8:03:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
You probably already thought of this, but what about using actual model railroad backdrops? I know that sometimes, depending on size, they can be expensive, and flimsy, but perhaps you can find one and then attach that to a trifold...
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 25 2020 :  8:58:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
You probably already thought of this, but what about using actual model railroad backdrops? I know that sometimes, depending on size, they can be expensive, and flimsy, but perhaps you can find one and then attach that to a trifold...

Originally posted by RP model railroads - June 25 2020 :  8:03:20 PM

Yeah I had, but I didnt really want to wait to get the measurements, find a cheap one, wait for it to get here.....

I bought 3 more trifolds today, I'll paint em tomorrow.

Edited by - BlaxlandAlex3 on June 25 2020 8:58:22 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 26 2020 :  11:18:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
when I did my backdrop on a module
I used poly fill for the clouds
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 26 2020 :  11:29:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - June 26 2020 :  11:18:55 AM

Not a bad idea!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 26 2020 :  3:01:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - June 26 2020 :  11:18:55 AM

Not a bad idea!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 26 2020 :  11:29:41 AM

yeah I was thinking of 3D clouds
may do that on my layout backdrop

Course these would be great in the backgrounds

gotta find moar!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Welcome to  Topic Next Topic: My New Setup  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000