Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 The Silver Streak Lives Again!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mantua smokebox front Topic Next Topic: NJ Transit Hustler.... CV19 Build  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - June 14 2020 :  5:08:27 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist

The Frankenstreak runs again! I took the MU-2 out of a scrap unit, hooked the wire to the powertorque rear truck, then replaced the weights. Over the last few weeks I've been working to repair a cracked up drive wheel, and get a traction tire to work on it. I've yet to be disappointed with an MU-2 motor, or find one I couldn't get fixed with my trusty flathead and some sanding. One of drive axle in this unit has stripped out to the point where this unit only has one drive axle working, which is why I had to turn the power truck around. This being said this beast can pull the five car Silver Streak set better than a power torque unit.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on June 14 2020 9:25:55 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 14 2020 :  6:39:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice classic.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11212  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 14 2020 :  8:43:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Glad you got it working! The Streak is one of my favs. I've always wanted to see a golden eagle and silver streak doubleheader.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 14 2020 :  10:07:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great work! I've had a lot of experience with Tyco's MU-2 style motors, and never have been let down. They are virtually indestructible.

#MadeintheUSA

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - June 14 2020 :  10:14:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
Glad you got it working! The Streak is one of my favs. I've always wanted to see a golden eagle and silver streak doubleheader.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 14 2020 :  8:43:37 PM

I can make that happen, I have the golden eagle on roster. I'm gonna be recieving a new locomotive tomorrow, but I'll probably be doing some work in the morning.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 15 2020 :  10:20:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
A troubleshooting table! Cool!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - June 15 2020 :  6:02:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
A troubleshooting table! Cool!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 15 2020 :  10:20:19 AM

Here's that double header you wanted to see.

Yeah I built up an Excel Sheet with a roster of my equipment. It makes it a lot to keep track of what's I have, what tub it's in, what needs to be serviced or fixed, what needs to be scrapped for parts. It does help with servicing. My new E7 is red flagged because the motor has a serious fault. It doesn't run well in forward and it shorted something today and shut down my transformer. I'm glad that Bachmann Transformer has a self-resetting fuse. Not looking forward to working on a powertorque, though. It's a pain.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on June 15 2020 6:03:42 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 15 2020 :  6:13:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
That double header is so cool. Red and silver with blue and gold. Shame the E7 went bust, I'm sure you'll get it working again though!

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - June 16 2020 :  4:37:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
That double header is so cool. Red and silver with blue and gold. Shame the E7 went bust, I'm sure you'll get it working again though!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 15 2020 :  6:13:42 PM

It's not just yet. It ran fine this morning, so who knows. It'll probably need work down the road, but I'm in no hurry to do it.

Aaron Anderson
  Previous Topic: Mantua smokebox front Topic Next Topic: NJ Transit Hustler.... CV19 Build  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000