Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Hartland Locomotive Works Shut Down
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: MTH Trains is going out of business!! Topic Next Topic: Microbuss and LED Lights.  

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 07 2020 :  2:46:53 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I know this isn't H0 and that this is instead G scale, but this is fairly important news. Hartland Locomotive Works, a G scale model railroad manufacturer who made good quality trains right here in the United States from 1995 to 2020 has shut down indefinitely due to the events surrounding COVID-19. Here is their official report they released on their website. If they don't return once this is all over, they will be missed.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on June 07 2020 2:47:37 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 07 2020 :  2:51:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Never heard of them, but alas, another fallen flag in the model railroad industry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 07 2020 :  10:31:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Never heard of them, but alas, another fallen flag in the model railroad industry

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 07 2020 :  2:51:24 PM

If you were into G scale like I am, you probably would've heard about them. They made fairly simplistic but very well made G scale stuff. If you're curious about them, I'd say look them up on Ebay and such. They made some very unique models like the Big John; a Heisler in G scale. But yeah, it always sucks regardless whenever another model railroad manufacturer goes out of business. Seems to happen everyday nowadays.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on June 07 2020 10:36:17 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 07 2020 :  11:44:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Got any pics Kovacste? I recall some preliminary shots of your
G Scale adventure, but haven't seen you around for a while.
You have been missed!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 08 2020 :  01:13:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Got any pics Kovacste? I recall some preliminary shots of your
G Scale adventure, but haven't seen you around for a while.
You have been missed!

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 07 2020 :  11:44:44 PM

I just ran some of my Hartland stock today, but for whatever reason I didn't get any pictures.Next time I bring 'em out, I'll take photos of them.My latest purchase is probably my most unique from really any G scale manufacturer, aside from the Märklin Maxi "Max" I got a while back. Again, I'll take photos when I pull it out again. It's a specially made Hartland set made for employees of Carpenter Steel in 1999. The model is Carpenter Steel #20; and 0-4-0 tender engine with a strange cog on the front (called a "jack", apparently) connected with valve gear. It's almost like an 0-6-0, except the front wheel is not geared and it has no flanges. Again, I'll take photos of it in the near future when I get it out again. Work and college has been eating up my time over the last few months or so.

-Steve

Edited by - kovacste000 on June 08 2020 01:18:03 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 08 2020 :  07:33:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That does sound interesting!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 08 2020 :  09:04:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
If I ever do another scale, it would be g. I know exactly what you are talking about. The gear thing is like what was found on the Falk locomotive.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 08 2020 :  3:51:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
This is the model in question, by the way. This is from the Ebay listing for the set I purchased.

-Steve

Previous Topic: MTH Trains is going out of business!! Topic Next Topic: Microbuss and LED Lights.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000