Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 read train magazines to sounds of thunderstorms
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Toy Town, New Boston, Ohio Topic Next Topic: BigEngines86  

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 04 2020 :  9:55:25 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
Cold and stormy here today. Went out in pouring rain to check the mail & the result was well worth the getting soaked!
June Trains Magazine.
June Model Railroader Magazine.
Squadron mail order hobby shop monthly flyer.

Yes, did take along a plastic bag to protect whatever was in the mail.

Great afternoon to stretch out on couch, snuggle with the cat, and read train magazines to the sounds of thunderstorms.

And somewhere between storms I wrote a half mile long comment on this picture and they actually posted it!
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/734936/
Chessie train set mentioned was a Tyco with the high short hood Alco C636.

(yes, Chessie System and Rock Island are my 2 big favorite paint schemes.)
(Except for the RI red with big yellow letters, don't like it; but do really like the black and red with white trim and silver trucks "Rocket Freight", the red, maroon, silver passenger colors, and the blue and white "Rock" colors)
(and then I also like diesel paint jobs of the L&N; ACL 'Royal Palm' purple; SAL 'citrus"; SOU's 'tuxedo' always looked classy)

“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 04 2020 :  9:58:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I likes the red with big yellow RI letters too!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 05 2020 :  12:47:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sounds like a great day! Hot as a sack full of mice, close to
100. Took a long bike ride to run a few errands, the heat
feels good on my aging bones.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 05 2020 :  12:57:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Send some of that heat to Ohio, Chops!! Love the pic of the Chessie System train!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 05 2020 :  09:12:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
What a touching memory! MSTS was always a great game!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Toy Town, New Boston, Ohio Topic Next Topic: BigEngines86  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000