Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 33 ]  [ Total: 33 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Canadiana set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Highway 1 Stuffs going up for sale. Topic Next Topic: PM Bng1972 for a large selection up for sale.  

notatrainguy
Switcher

Posted - April 12 2020 :  02:31:09 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add notatrainguy to Buddylist
Hello,

Not an enthusiast but have some train stuff collecting dust in my basement from my youth. From 5 minutes of web research it looks like I have a Canadiana set. (no boxes) but appear in very good shape. The loco worked when I last used it 40 years ago. Also I have other train stuff but not sure if Tyco.

Anyhow any idea of what a good condition set without boxes goes for? I know it is not a shark.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: April 12 2020  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2020 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 12 2020 :  07:46:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Hello,

Not an enthusiast but have some train stuff collecting dust in my basement from my youth. From 5 minutes of web research it looks like I have a Canadiana set. (no boxes) but appear in very good shape. The loco worked when I last used it 40 years ago. Also I have other train stuff but not sure if Tyco.

Anyhow any idea of what a good condition set without boxes goes for? I know it is not a shark.

Originally posted by notatrainguy - April 12 2020 :  02:31:09 AM

Hello Mr notatrain.
Good to have you sharing you train info here. The first Canadian national streamlined passenger train set was meeting of two companies TYCO/Mantua and Gilbert . Cars were acquired from Gilbert and sold by Tyco in 1959 and 60. After that TYCO made their own streamline sets which were shorter and with different doors. Count the windows in the pullman chair car tyco made have 7. Gilbert made have 8. I hope find them, take them out, dust them off, clean and lube them and get to running them again. You may like it.
frank

frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - April 12 2020 :  10:53:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Could we see some pics?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 12 2020 :  11:30:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Indeed, pics please. Make sure to resize the image to not greater than
1000 across and make sure not to have any $#%@# type symbols.

What you have is might be significantly valuable, as Canadiana is sought after,
depending on condition. Some of us might be prepared to make you an offer.

As to the other stuff, probably not worth much, but you might get some beer
money by selling it as a lot on eBay, on a good day.

Edited by - Chops124 on April 12 2020 11:31:45 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11197  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

notatrainguy
Switcher

Posted - April 12 2020 :  11:31:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add notatrainguy to Buddylist
Is it possible to upload photos or do I need a picture hosting site?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: April 12 2020  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

notatrainguy
Switcher

Posted - April 12 2020 :  11:34:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add notatrainguy to Buddylist

Ok I figured it out.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: April 12 2020  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 12 2020 :  11:45:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I've never seen the Canadiana caboose before. The locomotive, I sold
one for $40 on eBay, the box car about $20. If selling, I would post
it to forums like this one, specializing in Tyco, and it is worth more
as a set than individually, I would think. Thank you for posting, very
nice. Did you say you had some passenger coaches???

Ebay would likely find a buyer for the set, but you might already
know that their "free" advertising usually runs about 25% with
add on charges. I would guess that set might fetch as much as
$150. Anyone else care to weigh in?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11197  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 12 2020 :  11:46:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I might be a cash buyer from some CN coaches...especially if they
were Tyco.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - April 12 2020 :  5:36:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
That sets in pretty nice condition. Nice pieces.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Highway 1 Stuffs going up for sale. Topic Next Topic: PM Bng1972 for a large selection up for sale.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000