Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Amtrak to Armadilloville
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Catching the Train: 1857, Part 2 Topic Next Topic: No rest for the wicked.  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 06 2020 :  10:37:14 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/FIMuopsuw4s

I thought I could bang out a short video without taking up too much time between household chores.
Yikes, first the FP 40H, then the G, then the F unit all needed to be broken down and have new
traction tires. Thought I was free and clear, then the wobbly observation coach kept derailing
and creating a mess. It took several attempts at adding weight, adjusting couplers, to finally
realize that one of the wheels was substantially out of gauge. Last night, I had to replace an 18
inch section of track, and reset two feet of another. Apparently the change in temperature caused
micro warps and kinks, but runs fine now. Then the couplers, which are spare OO British couplers,
started to bind up on the Aerotrain, which is much the signature piece of Armadilloville. It worked
fine before the start of winter, now they keep prying the train off the rails most unexpectedly.
I'm going to first try a small dab of grease to each coupler, there being only two, and see if
that solves the problem, if not will have to change up the couplers until they stop binding up.

Edited by - Chops124 on April 06 2020 10:41:13 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 07 2020 :  05:42:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
Man, that was a serious case of "If it ain't one thing it's another!"
Hope all the kinks, literally!, have been worked out now.

“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Catching the Train: 1857, Part 2 Topic Next Topic: No rest for the wicked.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000