Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 5 ]  [ Total: 5 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 Bachmann versus the TycoBubble Gum Car
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: COTW March 29 to April 4, 2020 	 Topic Next Topic: COTW March 22nd - March 28th, 2020  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 02 2020 :  10:03:07 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I'd forgotten all about the Tyco hopper, but of course. Used to see long strings of them loaded with
coal to fire up the Mt. Tom Power Plant in Northampton, Massachusetts.

This piece has had us all wondering; the Tyco stamp on the chassis gives way to a more like an AHM
thrall door box car with Athearn like couple pockerts. It don't matter, I do like it. Bazooka Joe was like the
sixth food group for me. Then we have the elusive Tyco Bubbleyum that is a Tyco hot spot now and again,
contrasted to a different shade of pink on the Bachmann version. I'd like to know the back strory from that . Was it some kind of competetition???

Then the high class Tyco thrall foor bock car...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - April 02 2020 :  12:30:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I've never noticed it before, but it seems kind of hit or miss whether this sort of bluntly commercial car has data blocks. To my eye, it looks kind of stark without them, but maybe others would prefer the simplicity that focuses the eye on the brand logo.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 02 2020 :  2:03:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
here is mine to compare it with

but I likes that one too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 02 2020 :  9:49:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
I've never noticed it before, but it seems kind of hit or miss whether this sort of bluntly commercial car has data blocks. To my eye, it looks kind of stark without them, but maybe others would prefer the simplicity that focuses the eye on the brand logo.

Originally posted by scsshaggy - April 02 2020 :  12:30:44 PM

I had not noticed the missing data blocks. Thanks for pointing that out.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 03 2020 :  02:06:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Interesting piece Chops though I have never seen one like it before. I know it's not a Tyco offered product. There are some small differences like the body mounting tabs are not visible... Cool looking however...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 03 2020 :  10:43:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
Interesting piece Chops though I have never seen one like it before. I know it's not a Tyco offered product. There are some small differences like the body mounting tabs are not visible... Cool looking however...

Originally posted by walt - April 03 2020 :  02:06:42 AM

whoops, forgot to add the image. This says "Tyco" on the bottom, but does has chassis
mounts for couplers, which I never knew Tyco to have.

This is a wood reefer version of the Bazooka, don't recall off the top of my head who
made this one. Anyways, this whole post was meant to go under COTW, but in my
haze I goofed that.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 03 2020 :  12:44:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I believe the Top photo is a nice looking custom that someone has done...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 03 2020 :  7:58:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
It must be, the decal edges are not visible. Wonder where they got
those decals, if that is what they are.
  Previous Topic: COTW March 29 to April 4, 2020 	 Topic Next Topic: COTW March 22nd - March 28th, 2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000