Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 Concerning Name for my New N-Scale Layout!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What was your first model train? Topic Next Topic: Which Tyco Era was the best/worst?  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 30 2019 :  10:00:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Poll Question:

Good evening all,

While waiting on more N-Scale items to arrive, I would like to settle on 1 name for my new N-Scale German-themed fictitious layout. Below are some of the best that I could come up with.

Ultimately, I will go with the most popular name.

Thanks.

-RP

Choices:

Mini Germany
Mini Deutschland
Deutschland
Deutsche Bahn
DB
N-Scale Paradise
Alpine Railroad
Secret Valley Railroad
Miniland
Baby Shark Scenic Railroad

(Anonymous Vote)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 31 2019 6:58:04 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 30 2019 :  11:25:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

A name to be considered would be the Secret Valley Railroad.
Or Baby Shark Scenic Railroad.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 31 2019 :  07:14:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
For the German company Marklins Z Scale trains, they call it the mini - club. An idea would be to call this "Miniland" Because N scale is small, and its relation with germany!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 31 2019 :  07:37:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Maybe a teutonic sounding name like " Viner Schizle Uppity Movindapeople unstuf Sastem unda topatiy-Flut valley ". Translated it might mean, Hot Dog High people and freight moving railway of the Hi and level valley road." The name kind of sings.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on November 01 2019 06:40:12 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 31 2019 :  5:16:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
LOLOL TopTrain...quite the name for such a small layout.

WKS and Alex - great name suggestions! I've added them to the poll....I'll wait until this Sunday to reveal the official name (based upon popularity.)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Crown Vic
Little Six

Posted - October 31 2019 :  9:23:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Crown Vic to Buddylist
"Secret Valley" jumped out - it seems to fit it perfectly and sparks interest.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 101  ~  Member Since: June 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 01 2019 :  06:53:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well Robert when you asked for ideas in viewing the photo and studying the intrinsic nature of the mountinus view ,with the valleys and rivers with the trees and snow I was overcome with emotion and the name just flowed from me. It was just one of those think in life that may never come again.
I do hope i have helped even if just a little.
frank

O by the way i have no idea where the word intrinsic means it just came out. You know when i was flowing.
again Frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 01 2019 :  10:25:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Secret Valley. Viner Schizle Uppity Movindapeople unstuf Sastem unda topatiy-Flut valley was a close second.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 02 2019 :  9:54:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Polling closes tomorrow around 11pm. So please vote, if you haven't done so already.

So far I do have 1 clear winning name...we shall see.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 03 2019 :  01:55:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Secret Valley. I am voting twice.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 03 2019 :  09:15:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I like Alpine Railroad, but think that if this is a German layout it should be in German: Alpenbahn.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 03 2019 :  11:09:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Alright, and the winner is.....

Alpine Railroad!

Thank you all for your suggestions and votes - I truly appreciate it. Time to get back to work on the Alpine Railroad (Alpenbahn) layout.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 04 2019 :  12:12:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
WHAT? Not Viner Schizle Uppity Movindapeople unstuf Sastem unda topatiy-Flut valley??
I strongly suspect Russian collusion.
  Previous Topic: What was your first model train? Topic Next Topic: Which Tyco Era was the best/worst?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000