Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Atlas Factory Wharehouse sale..... Oct 5th
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: More DOTW Topic Next Topic: El Paso Troubles  

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - October 05 2019 :  2:31:48 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
On Oct 5, there was an Atlas wharehouse sale at their factory in Hillside, NJ. One had to pre-register.
There were 300 people who signed up and about 40 showed up when the doors opened about 9:45am. They had "O"ga, "HO"ga and "N" ga for sale. The Atlas guys said they needed the wharehouse space.
There was a lot of rolling stock, very few engines($80 each for the few engines). Some HO track and buildings. The rolling stock(mostly selling for $14-$20) had no trucks for the cabooses and some of the other rolling stock. There were some 100 ton trucks for sale separately for $5 but the screws to attach them to the frame where unavailable. They had early HO passenger cars (coaches only).... once again no trucks/wheels for them. No modern stuff produced in the last few years. In HO, there was no NJ Transit or Morristown & Erie at all. Some of the "O" seemed to be selling. But not much in HO was selling at all. Most of the trains were 30% off. I didn't see any bargains either. I personally didn't buy anything.

I sort of viewed the whole event as a cluster flop!

Edited by - AF Kid on October 05 2019 9:11:39 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 05 2019 :  2:35:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, that's crazy. Is Atlas in business? They were
King of the Hill in my youth.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 05 2019 :  10:40:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I use Atlas train track exclusively and there seems to be a bunch of it around...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: More DOTW Topic Next Topic: El Paso Troubles  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000