Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Life-Like Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Campbell's Soup Set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Life-Like Power Bogies Topic Next Topic: Life-Like Spares - Today  

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - April 20 2019 :  5:56:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
I have said in other posts about how sometimes there are bargains to be had here in the UK.

Here is the contents including all the literature of what I think is a complete LL Cambell's Soup Train Set including the loco, 7 cars, the track, spare couplings and fishplates and the three advertising hoardings, still sealed in a packet labelled Made in Taiwan.... Best of all, not only is the original LL US Transformer included, but someone has bought and included a UK to US voltage and plug adaptor. The only thing missing is the original carton!

It was on ebay for 23GBP which is around $30 USD, but I was the only bidder! OK postage was half as much again, but what the heck. It is all imaculate!

I have often seen these sets on US Ebay, but have always been put off by the price!

I think the most apt description is HAPPY!

James

Edited by - Highwayman97 on April 20 2019 5:59:41 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 20 2019 :  6:34:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Congratulations!!! Nice find.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 21 2019 :  12:26:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
now you needs the TYCO Campbell's Soup 62 ft boxcar!

out of this set I needs Beans, loco & caboose only

good find
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - April 21 2019 :  11:36:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Thanks Guys,

I notice from looking at E-bay that none of the sets advertised or illustrated elsewhere seem to have what I would call a proper train set carton.

This makes me think this must have been a promotional set that you had to send away for. Did you need to collect tokens from the soup cans or similar to get it?

Was it just sent is a plain box of some kind? I have a date of 1982/3 for it, derrived from the enclosed literature, but I can't seem to find the story of the set on the Internet, so if anyone can shed some light on the subject, I would be very grateful.

James
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 21 2019 :  6:38:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice find and purchase! I found a package of the billboards a couple of years ago. I like them...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 22 2019 :  12:29:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Major vintage find. A beautiful set! These billboard sets
collect great interest when run at exhibitions. Very
nice! Being a OO afficiando, I, too, spend double the
money on shipping the stuff over here. What is
available in British OO on this side of the pond
is scarce.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Life-Like Power Bogies Topic Next Topic: Life-Like Spares - Today  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000