Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Recent Train Show Visit
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: D&H Caboose Topic Next Topic: Tyco Tide grain hopper  

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - March 30 2018 :  11:15:43 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
My wife accompanied me to a train show just recently, and spent more money than I did!  The show was basically a bust for me; I bought one Tyco Red Box tanker in the red box because for a dollar I couldn't pass it up:

My wife bought this:

It was used in a series of videos commissioned by CSX to teach people about intermodal shipping. Here's a link to the first one: https://youtu.be/176ThXzY63E

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator 

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 31 2018 :  10:01:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Neat! Wow going to a train show and just spending a dollar has gotta hurt
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 31 2018 :  11:52:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ohhh you have a piece of history right there!
How much was it??

was there any others for sale?

Edited by - microbusss on March 31 2018 11:56:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 31 2018 :  4:03:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hey G, here's that GP38 you sold me a while back,
great piece, and it got me a Tycofusion Conrail kick.
https://youtu.be/GGPLbcXXoFI
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 31 2018 :  5:59:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice finds G!! That ship is awesome!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - March 31 2018 :  11:36:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
Neat! Wow going to a train show and just spending a dollar has gotta hurt

Originally posted by RealBnsfIA - March 31 2018 :  10:01:04 AM

It wasn't the desired outcome, that's for sure! My wife was happy to get the ship though.

Glenn

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - March 31 2018 :  11:41:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
ohhh you have a piece of history right there!
How much was it??

was there any others for sale?

Originally posted by microbusss - March 31 2018 :  11:52:19 AM

Any other whats?

It's not my place to say what my wife paid for the ship, but it was more than a dollar!

Glenn

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 01 2018 :  10:22:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Any other whats?

It's not my place to say what my wife paid for the ship, but it was more than a dollar!

Originally posted by gmoney - March 31 2018 :  11:41:16 PM

props from those ads
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - April 01 2018 :  9:13:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Neat ship Glen. Is the wife going to let you work it into your the layout? It seems a tad small but selective compression is the name of the game.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 02 2018 :  12:37:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was distracted by the ship, but how rare is a Red Box
Tyco Diamond Chemicals? Never knew they made such
a thing. Looks rather pristine, at that.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - April 02 2018 :  8:41:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
quote:
how rare is a Red Box Tyco Diamond Chemicals?

Chops,

I've got 2 Red Box Diamond Chemicals. The first box looks just like the one in the above photo and the second box has the Tyco logo at the top center. I've have seen them regularly on eBay, therefore, don't think they are rare.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - April 03 2018 :  12:40:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Buss, I think the ship and crane were the only props available at that show. At least the only ones that would be readily identifiable; everything else I recall from the videos looked like common unremarkable models.

Gary B, my wife's intention is to resell it, but if I had space right now for a layout and really wanted the ship, she'd most likely let me keep it.

Glenn

Previous Topic: D&H Caboose Topic Next Topic: Tyco Tide grain hopper  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000