Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW: Dec. 3rd - Dec. 9th
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW: Dec. 17th - Dec. 23rd Topic Next Topic: LOTW Nov 26th - Dec 2nd , 2017  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 03 2017 :  08:19:02 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Here's my LOTW offering:

An A-B-A set of Tyco Union Pacific RR F9's - the B-unit I obtained weeks ago with the screw-in truck UP locomotive whose motor didn't work the greatest, while the A-A (power/dummy) set I was able to find at a great price over a week ago. The powered locomotive runs great, and along with the dummy A-unit, is currently hauling 9 cars on my layout (the majority of which are piggybacks.) Here are the Union Pacific F9A's #537 & #538, operating on the inner line: https://vimeo.com/245533088

Now, with these Union Pacific F9's, I can either do an A-A, A-B, or A-B-A arrangement.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on December 04 2017 07:43:01 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 03 2017 :  1:16:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
arrgh I needs a set someday

Oh which ones are powered & not?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 03 2017 :  1:29:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
The lead Union Pacific F9 in all photos is the powered one -- the trailing B-unit and A-unit are both dummies.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - December 03 2017 :  11:54:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - December 04 2017 :  8:13:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
My locomotive of the week is something unique I bet none of you have seen before. I spotted this on a mantle in an old super club just down old Route 66 from Electra Motive's La Grange works. This is solid metal casting I presume was made in their machine shop. I'm sure one of you can tell me the model of the prototype (it wasn't marked). This appears to be about S gauge from the track it's sitting on.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - December 04 2017 :  11:31:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Looks like a GT22CU and kin. Narrow Gauge made for export.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_GT22_Series

Nice locos guys! Mine will be up soon I hope.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 05 2017 :  06:48:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
*** Here is how I used a Tyco 2-8-0 steam-engine body once the drive failed. ***
** I attached it to a New One 4-4-2 drive where the loco body failed.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 05 2017 :  12:28:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
My LOTW offering was an eBay purchase yesterday. It is a pre-WWII Mantua 4-4-0 Belle of the 80's. I just recently picked up the pre-war Mogul, so I was pretty pleased to see this one pop up. This model was produced sometime between 1938-1941. The multi-pieces tender trucks with the steel sheet metal frames and the round water hatch on the tender are a clear sign of the model's vintage. I am not sure how much restoration I want to do tho this piece. Given the condition of the paint (pretty poor), it may merit a complete restoration.

I have a feeling in the coming years we are going to see a lot more of this early stuff hitting the market, as the aging population that collects this stuff dies off.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - December 05 2017 :  7:02:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Pretty fine Sean. How about a couple close ups of those sheet steel trucks?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - December 05 2017 :  9:58:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
DanMack - Thanks for the ID. No wonder I didn't recognize it, pretty obscure one.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

trainman280
Little Six

trainman

Posted - December 06 2017 :  08:30:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add trainman280 to Buddylist
quote:
*** Here is how I used a Tyco 2-8-0 steam-engine body once the drive failed. ***
** I attached it to a New One 4-4-2 drive where the loco body failed.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - December 05 2017 :  06:48:30 AM

No wonder I didnt recognize that engine...
I like it!
Charles

If I can't fix it, I can fix it so it can't be fixed.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 105  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: March 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 06 2017 :  09:10:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
Pretty fine Sean. How about a couple close ups of those sheet steel trucks?

Originally posted by Barry - December 05 2017 :  7:02:47 PM

The center beam is the sheet steel. It wraps itself around to the outside of both sideframes in the form of a leaf spring?

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - December 06 2017 :  11:15:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Thanks Sean.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 06 2017 :  11:54:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Astonishing piece, Mustang. Truly HO was cutting edge in '37. It
looks like a ghost. Would it be worth keeping her as is?

I fear that the survivors will pitch the "junk" into the dumpster.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Helm
Little Six

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - December 06 2017 :  12:10:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Helm to Buddylist
I got this at one of those antique malls where people rent stalls.
I'd seen it a few weeks ago priced at $30.00 and decided to think about it.
This week it was still there but had been marked down to $20.00 and the seller was offering 20%
off for cash. How could I resist? I haven't tried it yet,
but it looks to be in great shape.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 138  ~  Member Since: October 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 06 2017 :  5:34:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I got this at one of those antique malls where people rent stalls.
I'd seen it a few weeks ago priced at $30.00 and decided to think about it.
This week it was still there but had been marked down to $20.00 and the seller was offering 20%
off for cash. How could I resist? I haven't tried it yet,
but it looks to be in great shape.

Originally posted by Helm - December 06 2017 :  12:10:11 PM

very cool & I wants one someday

I believe Walt Disney used this same loco for their freight & passenger sets
Santa Fe & Disneyland RR
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - December 06 2017 :  9:47:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
My loco this week is one that I got in early November. It was in other than optimal condition
and had to be restored. It looks a lot better now.

Original:

Cleaned:

Final product:

This will be the motive power for my Pennsylvania streamline construct.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 06 2017 :  10:32:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
WOAH!!! NICE WORK!!!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW: Dec. 17th - Dec. 23rd Topic Next Topic: LOTW Nov 26th - Dec 2nd , 2017  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000