Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 COTW: Oct. 22 - Oct. 28
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: COTW Oct. 29 - Nov. 4, 2017 Topic Next Topic: COTW: Oct. 15th - Oct. 21st  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 22 2017 :  09:28:49 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
COTW offering:

The A-Team tanker car.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 22 2017 :  10:09:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
RP, I do like your style, you hone in on an area and just
keep working it until you get a cool thing altogether. That
requires a lot of focus. Well done!

My little COTW was a gift from a TF'r. Originally it was
ATSF, which was a conundrum for me, as I always wanted
a Tyco Tavern Car, but even though I am in the middle of
ATSF country, I generally don't model it. Warbonnet fatigue,
I guess. As much as I liked this gift, it sat and sat and sat.

Then, I saw an unused can of green spray paint
I used to dummy up a BNSF Shark and saw some extra PC coach
decals and had a great time coming up with this piece:

Edited by - Chops124 on October 22 2017 10:14:54 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - October 23 2017 :  7:29:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Tyco CN Rapido...

Mike

Nice Penn Central car Chops!!!

Nice A-Team RP...

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - October 23 2017 :  10:17:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Great cars, RP (A-Team), Chops (Penn Central) & Mike (CN Rapido). I feel like buying a ticket and hopping from line-to-line across the continent.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 512  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 24 2017 :  5:38:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hobbyline HO caboose Kit for Union Pacific or Southern Pacific railroads.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 24 2017 :  9:58:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist

Well, hope you're thirsty for MY contribution this week! Found this a few months ago at a train show, my train club president had a couple of HUGE tubs full of HO, this Coke tanker was one of them. Usually you see red ones, this silver one caught my eye ( and part of my wallet ). Will join the Tyco Coke tanker collection.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 24 2017 :  10:04:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Silver? And 4 wheel bogies!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 25 2017 :  10:41:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
that one looks like it went to a Coke set, Jerry

Mike - I only have the observation car to that set

Edited by - microbusss on October 25 2017 10:42:16 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Heihachi_73
Switcher

Posted - October 26 2017 :  5:12:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Heihachi_73 to Buddylist
Keeping with the Coke theme, here is a couple of four-wheeled Coke vans made by Lima Italy.

The first one is mostly original except for the addition of Kadee couplers, which have replaced the original European hook and loop couplers, and some small weights as the all-plastic model weighed next to nothing. The roof has a large dent in it, this was actually caused by the car being left near a window on a warm day.

The second one is a highly modified version of the same type of van. The original four-wheeled design was changed out for some spare archbar trucks I had lying around, as the original hard plastic axleboxes had worn out and the wheels kept falling out and derailing the car. The "weathering" on this car is actually a combination of ABS plastic becoming yellow over 25 years and nicotine stains from my parents (I do not smoke). As two of the buffers were already broken off, I removed the remaining two buffers and installed Kadee couplers.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 89  ~  Member Since: April 29 2016  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 26 2017 :  7:38:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Those Coke vans are pretty fine.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Heihachi_73
Switcher

Posted - October 27 2017 :  01:55:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Heihachi_73 to Buddylist
There is another version of the Lima Coke van which was meant for train sets - it was a one piece shell/chassis (all white) with simplified detailing (e.g. the buffers were merely stubs sticking out of the ends instead of looking realistic) and a slightly different style of roof. I don't have this version unfortunately. They also made a Schweppes version of the same van.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 89  ~  Member Since: April 29 2016  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 28 2017 :  12:13:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Loving that Lima.
  Previous Topic: COTW Oct. 29 - Nov. 4, 2017 Topic Next Topic: COTW: Oct. 15th - Oct. 21st  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000