Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 34 ]  [ Total: 34 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 My First L
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New layout! Topic Next Topic: Starting on a layout - Finally!  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 08 2017 :  9:02:57 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Trestles from The Siding, idea from BNSFIA. Putting in an elevated line on the Tycomania VII layout.
The Twin Peaks was something that Micro Busss made me green with envy, so I had to dash out
and get one, too. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm having fun with this one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 08 2017 :  9:34:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks awesome, Chops!! The twin peaks are certainly unique and add to the "elevated line" feel.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - October 08 2017 :  10:35:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Neat!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 09 2017 :  11:21:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
on the Twin Peak Overpass box
it said you could use it as a figure 8 style of tracks too

try building that overpass IRL & yer gonna need a serious 4wd just to get up the ramps
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - October 09 2017 :  1:11:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Nice to see something sitting in a box in my "depot" is being put to good use

I have MANY more trestle set Atlas Lionel as well

PLUS Brass and Nickel Silver 15 track to make ovals as well

Hope to get some pics up The atlas set is basic 1- 12 's doubled with span and OH HOW MANY shades of grey

Ironically have not seen the mountain peaks in any of my purchases over the years though do remember seeing them brand new at Newberrys years ago as a kid
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 09 2017 :  9:25:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Newberry's, that's a ways back. Was that a 5&10?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - October 09 2017 :  9:32:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Yep as was McCrory Great Eastern Mills Mays

BUT The place for trains in the seventies in the North East was Two Guys

They always had a big sale once a year Many stuff I have been buying on line and sales came from there
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 10 2017 :  12:29:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

BUT The place for trains in the seventies in the North East was Two Guys
They always had a big sale once a year Many stuff I have been buying on line and sales came from there
Originally posted by thesiding - October 09 2017 :  9:32:52 PM

heh no wonder lots of my boxes have Two Guys on them
Never knew who they was
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 15 2017 :  1:03:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Meanwhile, in the land of Tycolia, the track crew uncovered an ancient pterodactyl
while setting in piers for the new Elevated.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 17 2017 :  11:54:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

For a while I was trying to warp two lengths of flex track to make it around the
Clementine Mine. What with the the nine inch radius and such, things kept
sproinging out of place. I finally gave up, went to bed, when I woke I realized,
"why not move the Clementine Mine?"

Moving the Clementine Mine one track over, to the passing track, now allows
me to use 15 inch curves, which will in turn allow a small trains, not just four
wheeled Tyco trolleys.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 18 2017 :  07:18:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice problem-solving Chops! The elevated line is looking great!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: New layout! Topic Next Topic: Starting on a layout - Finally!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000