Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 unnamed B unit, FEC
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Brass 0-6-0 Topic Next Topic: Who made this engine?  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 27 2017 :  11:56:51 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
You rarely see any HO FEC, much less a B unit. I found this under a table at the train show yesterday, and decided it should hook up with my FEC BL-2 unit. There are no markings on the bottom, it has knuckle coupler pockets on the base. Decent unit. Needs some weight, though.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 28 2017 :  07:58:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I'll jump right in and say it is a Varney. I know i have seen an F3A unit that is painted the same. The plastic B under frame looks bright and clean like it is brand new. The body colors are worn away by handling on the raised edges of the doors. I think there is a matching passenger set also.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on August 28 2017 08:17:53 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - August 28 2017 :  09:06:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
Yes it's a Varney, the brass brackets that hold the wheel side frames are Varney and it matches perfectly the one I have.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - August 28 2017 :  1:39:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
I have a custom-painted AHM SW1 in the same FEC scheme. I have a few FEC projects on the docket. Early FEC GP9 and a CNW ex-FEC F7A off the top of my head.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 29 2017 :  12:51:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Thanks for the ID, I like Varney. Didn't expect that one, usually they mark their products, but saw nothing on this one...maybe inside the shell. ?

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 08 2017 :  10:06:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I am looking forward to seeing that set up: BL2 and B.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11202  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Brass 0-6-0 Topic Next Topic: Who made this engine?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000