Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Building of the week. (BOTW)
 BOTW July 9 to July 15, 2017
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Building Of The Week July 23 to July 30 Topic Next Topic: Building Of The Week July 2 to July 9  

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - July 12 2017 :  10:08:46 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
I suppose a water tower can be either an accessory or a building, but since I do not have either to offer this week, i am going for broke and offering it as both...

Purchased last night for $28 including s/h. My BOTW offerng for this week is an all wood and metal detailed water tower...

Not sure who it is made by, but for the price, I figured it was a very good deal and I could not go wrong.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator 

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - July 12 2017 :  3:35:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That is a fine building Sean. I wonder how frequently guys had to climb those rickety ladders to check something up top.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 12 2017 :  5:09:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
That is a fine building Sean. I wonder how frequently guys had to climb those rickety ladders to check something up top.

Originally posted by Barry - July 12 2017 :  3:35:49 PM

yeah they did to check the water
I read about some Rio Grande 3 foot gauge track being ripped up in Colorado, the gang drank the water from the water tower & got real sick
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - July 12 2017 :  7:05:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Man I cringe at the thought of that. Should've brought a potable water car I guess

I think US Gypsum has some form of narrow gauge operation, and they semi-recently dumped an absolutely decrepit old frame from a water car.

sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 12 2017 :  8:16:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great piece!

The Chinese Coolies building the Central Pacific boiled water for tea, boiled their rice,
everything boiled or preserved. The Irish Track Gangs of the Union Pacific
drank out of ditches, communal troughs, and were often stricken
with typhus and other gastrointestinal diseases. This during the building
of the first Trans-Con.

Similar thing with the Confederacy during the Civil War: the Gray Coats
couldn't afford, or get, suitable thread for sutures, so they boiled horse
hair to make it pliant enough to sew up wounds. Ironically, they had a
lower infection rate than the Blue Coats, wound for wound.

Edited by - Chops124 on July 12 2017 8:19:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - July 12 2017 :  8:57:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Interesting thread, and a great looking water tower.
I was watching a program and in England they mapped out where people were getting infected and found the closer to the town well, the more infections. The one block that had none was the brewery! That's how they figured out it was waterborne, and yes beer is safer to drink than water.

Master Of Plasticville
Edited by - Gary B on July 12 2017 8:59:06 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - July 13 2017 :  09:23:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
Interesting thread, and a great looking water tower.
... the closer to the town well, the more infections. The one block that had none was the brewery! ... yes beer is safer to drink than water.

Originally posted by Gary B - July 12 2017 :  8:57:47 PM

The only water I drink is pasteurized!

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 13 2017 :  09:33:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Sean That is a great picture.
* Do you know that because of the nutrients it has, it was given the name "Liquid bread".
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on July 13 2017 09:40:09 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 13 2017 :  09:41:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well hare is my building for this week. A big old Hall.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Building Of The Week July 23 to July 30 Topic Next Topic: Building Of The Week July 2 to July 9  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000